Friday, July 28, 2006

Pictures in my mind

I was introduced to Creative.Visualization back in college by a professor of mine, Ms. Lane.Chua. I think I asked her about what had happened to me. I wasn't sure if I dreamt what happened or I just thought about it but the point was, whatever I was thinking actually came true. She said that most likely I must have visualized it and told me to check out this book by Shakti.Gawain. We didn't have time to discuss what it is about but she gave me the name and the author of the book. I have the book and have read it many times. The concept behind Creative.Visualization is that "it is an art of using mental imagery and affirmation to produce positive changes in your life." It sounds really simple but when what you have visualized actually happens to you, you start to question whether its true or not and if its coincidence or fate.

I have had two instances wherein what I thought of actually happened. Maybe there was more but so far these two are the most poignant ones. The first one was almost ten years ago. I think I was thinking about it just a week prior it actually happened. It was eerily right on the dot too: from start to finish from what the other person was going to say to what my reply would be. It was like I wrote my own script and directed my own self when it happened. It was a weird feeling. It was more than deja vu. Though I found it odd I was actually thankful because it gave me the courage and put me in the right frame of mind when it actually happened. I also believe that I can credit my visualization as to why after all that happened, that person and I are still friends and closer than ever. I may have said the wrong things had I not visualize it and could have cost me a good friend.

The second one happened early this year in this blog of all places. To say that this time was shocking is an understatement. Unlike the first one where it was to the letter, this time around there was a slight difference but the fact remains that I have thought of it before and its actually happening. I was just toying with the possibility of it but I didn't realize that it would come true. I was in a panic because there was a continuation of it. In other words a part two. Though, so far, part two hasn't happened yet but theres a possibility that it will in the near future and I don't know how prepared I am going to be when that happens. Or maybe part two is already happening but I just don't know yet.

The weird thing is I usually visualize to put myself to sleep. I have been warned by my mom so many times not to read in bed but in instances that I am not yet sleepy but have to, I turn to visualization. Its like "reading" myself a bedtime story. I don't tell people much about this. I have been told that I am weird one too many times and I thought this only happened to me. These are the roots of my hesitation. But after Kaytee blogged about it, I realized I wasn't alone. She asked some really good points, is it just the power of wishful thinking? Is it coincidence? Or is it fate?

I haven't stopped visualizing. Like I said it puts me to sleep but after two of my visualizations came true, I am hesitant to do it anymore. What if it comes true again? How ready am I to face it? But if this is really what I want to happen in my life, why am I afraid of it coming true? Maybe because I am afraid to discover that its just a coincidence and these were nothing more than just pictures in my mind that I came up with. Or maybe because I am afraid to discover that it is fate's way of telling me and I don't know how to go about it. Or maybe it can be coincidence or fate and believing and following it might just put me face to face with pain.
Or maybe I really should just stop thinking too much about it.

No comments: