If I survive this week, I don't think I have any right to complain that I am stressed. I think this week takes the cake, blue ribbon and trophy in one for being the most stressful week any person can ever live. Actually, my stress didn't just start this week, its started some months back when we were preparing for Lola's party and it escalated as the even got nearer. After the party, we still had relatives around so we really haven't been able to take a rest but it was a good kind of stress. However, starting the past weekend, it has been a bad kind of stress with my uncle being rushed to the hospital on Friday and passing away on Saturday. Saturday, we started the 9-day novena along with consoling my aunt and cousins and helping put things in order: food for the 9 days, arrangements for viewing, funeral etc on top of that still trying to wrap our fingers around the reality that he is not coming back. This weekend is also my cousin's wedding. He and my uncle are not blood related so none of those "pamahiins". So basically I have a funeral and a wedding to go to this weekend.
Looking at my schedule alone is already making me stressed.
Friday is the viewing from 10-3 and again at 3-9. Then at 630 we have wedding rehearsals to go to and a dinner following after that.
Saturday at 9AM is the funeral and the wedding is at 3PM. Good thing I am not part of the bridal party so I don't have to be early but I am reading during the mass at the wedding. I still don't have the reading materials with me and I have a small stage fright. So its really important that I have the materials beforehand lest I want to embarrass myself. We were hoping that the funeral wont be the same day but there was no other available schedule. So here we are with a funeral and a wedding all in the same day.
Before that I have to make the ribbons for the chair covers that is going to be used at the wedding on Thursday which happens to be today. I might even have to still iron the ribbons. I ironed some last Monday which prevented me from starting on the ribbons. So I guess we will be pulling an all nighter today making 250 ribbons. On Saturday at 430 we still have to put the chair covers and ribbons before the 530 reception. How are we going to do this?? Help!! Oh I am also one of the "to-go to" people at the wedding to relieve the bride and groom some of the little things.
I don't have a silver bag to wear to the wedding so I may have to squeeze some mall time between all these flurry of activities.
I brought enough change of clothes to last me a week when its only for a weekend. I think we may have to change clothes before going home from the funeral only to change again into our clothes for the wedding. Something about not bringing bad luck to the house when coming from a funeral. Moving in and out of clothes already takes time.
With the heat that we have been having, a shower is needed as well. That's another time to be spent.
Mr. Time where are you???
Thursday, September 07, 2006
Phew! what a week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment