| 37°F Mostly Cloudy Wind: NW at 17 mph Humidity: 38% |
|
Oh my!
My bag is packed and I am hoping beyond hope that I packed enough warm clothes to be able to survive this weekend. I am not a big fan of cold weather having been born and raised all my life in a tropical country. Its been awhile since I have been living in SoCal and I am still not used to the cold weather that much. The temperature I think I can handle but its the wind factor that is making me a bit worried. Sure, we will be staying indoors for most of the time but still.
I am going to Vegas this weekend (leaving Friday, coming back Sunday) for the An Taclobanon Strategic Planning. Its my first time not going with relatives or with close friends. I am going with the other officers and though they are my friends as well and some are even relatives still it will be a new experience for me. I hope my brain doesn't freeze from the cold since we would be discussing and finalizing our plans for the year ahead and with almost 300 plus members whose interests we would be bringing along, its going to be a big challenge. This year is going to be challenging especially for me since this is my first time handling and being part of such a big association. My only other experience being an officer of an organization was still back in high school and that has been a long time ago. I can only do my best.
Due to my involvement with the association, my schedule for the year has been pretty much mapped out. I have meetings once a month, Sto. Nino novenas from January until June, fiesta celebration in June, camping in July, Ms. An Maglipayon event in November. On top of that we have this ongoing fundraising raffle which will end in June. These are just the major ones. We will deal with the minor ones as they come along. Phew!
I think this year would be my opportunity to venture out of my "bubble". For the past few years all my free time have been devoted to family - members, matters etc. This year, I want to go out there, go out of myself and be of actual use not only to other people but to society as a whole. Odd thing, my horoscope overview for the year actually mentioned something along these lines. Not that I let horoscope rule my life but at least its some inspiration to be hopeful for the year ahead. I realized that going outside my "box" is keeping me sane from the turmoils that plague life from time to time. It is actually giving me a sense of peace that I unknowingly have been looking for but didn't know how to achieve.
But before I could tackle on the world, I have to survive this weekend. Hopefully, Old Father Winter will be so kind and ease up a bit on the cold temperatures. Though it would be nice to see snow fall for the first time, just ease up on the wind chill and I think I will do fine. That and just come prepared to face it head on. Thick sweaters? Check. Scarves? Check. Gloves? Check. Warm jacket? Check.
My bag is packed and I am hoping beyond hope that I packed enough warm clothes to be able to survive this weekend. I am not a big fan of cold weather having been born and raised all my life in a tropical country. Its been awhile since I have been living in SoCal and I am still not used to the cold weather that much. The temperature I think I can handle but its the wind factor that is making me a bit worried. Sure, we will be staying indoors for most of the time but still.
I am going to Vegas this weekend (leaving Friday, coming back Sunday) for the An Taclobanon Strategic Planning. Its my first time not going with relatives or with close friends. I am going with the other officers and though they are my friends as well and some are even relatives still it will be a new experience for me. I hope my brain doesn't freeze from the cold since we would be discussing and finalizing our plans for the year ahead and with almost 300 plus members whose interests we would be bringing along, its going to be a big challenge. This year is going to be challenging especially for me since this is my first time handling and being part of such a big association. My only other experience being an officer of an organization was still back in high school and that has been a long time ago. I can only do my best.
Due to my involvement with the association, my schedule for the year has been pretty much mapped out. I have meetings once a month, Sto. Nino novenas from January until June, fiesta celebration in June, camping in July, Ms. An Maglipayon event in November. On top of that we have this ongoing fundraising raffle which will end in June. These are just the major ones. We will deal with the minor ones as they come along. Phew!
I think this year would be my opportunity to venture out of my "bubble". For the past few years all my free time have been devoted to family - members, matters etc. This year, I want to go out there, go out of myself and be of actual use not only to other people but to society as a whole. Odd thing, my horoscope overview for the year actually mentioned something along these lines. Not that I let horoscope rule my life but at least its some inspiration to be hopeful for the year ahead. I realized that going outside my "box" is keeping me sane from the turmoils that plague life from time to time. It is actually giving me a sense of peace that I unknowingly have been looking for but didn't know how to achieve.
But before I could tackle on the world, I have to survive this weekend. Hopefully, Old Father Winter will be so kind and ease up a bit on the cold temperatures. Though it would be nice to see snow fall for the first time, just ease up on the wind chill and I think I will do fine. That and just come prepared to face it head on. Thick sweaters? Check. Scarves? Check. Gloves? Check. Warm jacket? Check.
1 comment:
uy, vegas. ;) just bring clothes that you can layer on. it's better to layer because if you do get hot, you can take them off.
oh, and warm socks. :) it's has been so cold here in seattle that the snow from wednesday has not melted. eeek, i want it to be warmer already.
happy trip!
Post a Comment