My birthday is 2 weeks away. People have been asking me what my plans are and honestly I don't have any. I don't know. Besides its nothing new since I don't usually make plans for my birthday. Or maybe I am hoping someone out there will make the plans for me. See, I have never been surprised. I haven't had a surprise done for me. Last Friday, my cousins sort of did but I wont count it since I already knew that they were doing it but just not including me. But come on, you don't "kidnap" someone who is turning a year past 3-0.
First, I will say that I appreciate what my cousins did for me. I am grateful that they took the time to plan and execute what they did. Their heart was in the right place but I guess I was just expecting or hoping for more. See, I knew they were doing it for my cousin C whose birthday was on the 6th. But I wasn't so clear about the details other than we, the cousins have to be at my aunt's house on Friday at 8pm. So I was there and frankly I didn't see the whole point of having it on a Friday when her birthday already passed and we have a party to prepare for that Saturday. But I went because I didn't want to be the "party pooper". My cousin C was in their living room while I was getting ready to eat when all of a sudden I heard some commotion and saw C being dragged outside, her head covered with a bonnet. Once she was out of the house, I turned my attention to my food when all of a sudden I saw another cousin coming at me with a bonnet in her hand and before I knew it, it was put over my head and I was dragged outside as well. I knew where we were headed since my aunt made mention of the plan to me (see, this is why it doesn't count) but I didn't say anything. I didnt want my cousins to feel bad. I was short of "manhandled" by my cousin as she brought me to the hotel room. Once there they pelted us with those smelly silly strings that stuck to my hair, made us blow out the candles from a homemade cake (it was good), gave us our "birthday buckets" (which included things that they found funny but I didnt - a book on exercising and a headband with a veil attached to it, like those worn by a bride-to-be on their bachelorette party) and we ate pizza, cheese since it was Friday. Pizza!!?? when I was so hungry and craving for the fried vegetable lumpia that was already soggy on my plate left at my aunt's house. Fine, I am not really enjoying this but whatever I was already there. I didn't think that we were going to stay long but my sister, the accomplice had brought my weekend bag there which meant that we were sleeping over. Okay when at the back of my mind, I had a list of things we need to do for the party the next day.
I thought my cousins had a good plan for us the birthday girls. But it didn't turn out that way and didn't seem like they did. After we ate, we, actually they watched some videos and I slept. I think it was just a reason for my cousins to have a sleepover when we could have done the very same thing, with much more things to do at someone's house. Not in this tiny room with 2 beds, close to 15 people inside, and kind of smells like pee. But I sucked it up even if I ended up cleaning after their mess. I was constantly picking up remnants of those silly strings before they dry up and cause damage to the room. I appreciate the "surprise" but I couldn't help but feel like a tag-along. Since the plan really didn't include me initially. Why I was at the last minute? I have no idea. I don't mean to whine and be a brat about it but if they were going to do something nice for me and C as a way of showing their appreciation for us, I sure didn't feel that way. I cleaned and didn't sleep comfortably. Instead of letting us have the beds all to ourselves, there were 4 of us on each one and C even ended up sleeping on the floor. But C and I toughened it up but we left as early as we could the next day. I really didn't gain much from it. I think my cousins did more than me. I also felt like I was just used as their excuse so they can sleep at a hotel room, use the swimming pool or be away from their parents. Oh well! Its done and over with. I really wasn't expecting something extravagant or grand but if the goal was to make me feel special well I felt anything but. I was just tired and felt yucky. If my future "surprises" will be similar to these, I take it back, I don't want to be surprised anymore. But thanks just the same.
First, I will say that I appreciate what my cousins did for me. I am grateful that they took the time to plan and execute what they did. Their heart was in the right place but I guess I was just expecting or hoping for more. See, I knew they were doing it for my cousin C whose birthday was on the 6th. But I wasn't so clear about the details other than we, the cousins have to be at my aunt's house on Friday at 8pm. So I was there and frankly I didn't see the whole point of having it on a Friday when her birthday already passed and we have a party to prepare for that Saturday. But I went because I didn't want to be the "party pooper". My cousin C was in their living room while I was getting ready to eat when all of a sudden I heard some commotion and saw C being dragged outside, her head covered with a bonnet. Once she was out of the house, I turned my attention to my food when all of a sudden I saw another cousin coming at me with a bonnet in her hand and before I knew it, it was put over my head and I was dragged outside as well. I knew where we were headed since my aunt made mention of the plan to me (see, this is why it doesn't count) but I didn't say anything. I didnt want my cousins to feel bad. I was short of "manhandled" by my cousin as she brought me to the hotel room. Once there they pelted us with those smelly silly strings that stuck to my hair, made us blow out the candles from a homemade cake (it was good), gave us our "birthday buckets" (which included things that they found funny but I didnt - a book on exercising and a headband with a veil attached to it, like those worn by a bride-to-be on their bachelorette party) and we ate pizza, cheese since it was Friday. Pizza!!?? when I was so hungry and craving for the fried vegetable lumpia that was already soggy on my plate left at my aunt's house. Fine, I am not really enjoying this but whatever I was already there. I didn't think that we were going to stay long but my sister, the accomplice had brought my weekend bag there which meant that we were sleeping over. Okay when at the back of my mind, I had a list of things we need to do for the party the next day.
I thought my cousins had a good plan for us the birthday girls. But it didn't turn out that way and didn't seem like they did. After we ate, we, actually they watched some videos and I slept. I think it was just a reason for my cousins to have a sleepover when we could have done the very same thing, with much more things to do at someone's house. Not in this tiny room with 2 beds, close to 15 people inside, and kind of smells like pee. But I sucked it up even if I ended up cleaning after their mess. I was constantly picking up remnants of those silly strings before they dry up and cause damage to the room. I appreciate the "surprise" but I couldn't help but feel like a tag-along. Since the plan really didn't include me initially. Why I was at the last minute? I have no idea. I don't mean to whine and be a brat about it but if they were going to do something nice for me and C as a way of showing their appreciation for us, I sure didn't feel that way. I cleaned and didn't sleep comfortably. Instead of letting us have the beds all to ourselves, there were 4 of us on each one and C even ended up sleeping on the floor. But C and I toughened it up but we left as early as we could the next day. I really didn't gain much from it. I think my cousins did more than me. I also felt like I was just used as their excuse so they can sleep at a hotel room, use the swimming pool or be away from their parents. Oh well! Its done and over with. I really wasn't expecting something extravagant or grand but if the goal was to make me feel special well I felt anything but. I was just tired and felt yucky. If my future "surprises" will be similar to these, I take it back, I don't want to be surprised anymore. But thanks just the same.
2 comments:
aw, i'm sorry to hear that. it didn't sound like you had fun. :( i hope you have a funner actual birthday, surprise or no surprise.
advance happy birthday ate rai. :)
Thanks! it was no fun at all and yup I hope my actual birthday will be more fun LOL
Post a Comment