
I am running on three hours of sleep only. Not to mention that the past 2 days I have only been averaging of 3 hours sleep as well. Monday, my relatives arrived from Philippines. Tuesday, there was a get-together at my uncle's house. Last night? Blame Denny's super slow service but credit an amazing concert of Journey. Yup, I was one of 15,000 people there. That is not an exaggeration because there was not an empty seat in house even the lawn was packed.
First the low points..as expected there was a long line to the women's bathroom. Really, there should be 2 women's bathrooms for every one men's bathroom. It was just crazy. Due to this is my low point #1 of the night was missing the opening song of Journey. The same reason brings me to low point #2, on my way to find the end of the line to the bathroom, I got burned by someone's cigarette.
I couldn't believe that it didn't enter her mind that it was packed and I mean packed, she was bound to hurt someone if she held her cigarette as if she was in a middle of a massive space. She should have held it up in the air so that it didn't hurt anyone. I now have this red dot on my forearm. She apologized and even if I wanted to get mad, what good would it do. Another one is I wished I had my camera but my brother has it all the way in Manila but I had my sister, Jehann's camera and there were 3 massive screens there so it worked out fine.
I am bad with song titles so I am not even going to attempt to mention the repertoire. But I will do mention the songs that I know and remember:
Don't Stop Believing - I think Arnel singing it just gives it so much more meaning because he is the perfect example of it. He didn't stop believing and look where he is now. Open Arms - Still gives me goosebumps; After All These Years - love the song; Separate Lives; of course Faithfully.
The concert started at 7 with Cheap Trick and Heart but I missed it since there was a massive traffic going to the venue. Journey came in at 9 until past 11. The crowd was a good mix of different ages. There was a father with 2 or 3 young children who were still probably bubbles in the air when Journey came to life and yet they knew the songs.
Arnel is really good, amazing even. His voice range is really something. He was jumping all over the place. His energy seemed boundless and endless. You watch him with a mix of awe, disbelief and pride. Awe because he is really good and he seems to have established a good rapport with the rest of the band. It seems he has adjusted well. They were just enjoying every moment of it and it showed in their faces, in their performance. Disbelief that I was watching the concert of the band that gave me "Open Arms" and "Faithfully". Also disbelief with a mix of pride but more of pride that a Filipino is the lead singer of this band. He acknowledged his "kababayans" and someone was waving the Philippine flag. He is the epitome of dreams coming true....a feature in People and Time and a spread in GQ and these are just the start.
It was a really good show and Arnel wowed the crowd. Just read this review of the concert from the OC Register.
I am such a bad reviewer but then again I am writing this with my mind drifting in and out of the stages of sleep. Besides, I don't think I will give it the justice that it deserves. But one thing, it was a show well worth the money.
First the low points..as expected there was a long line to the women's bathroom. Really, there should be 2 women's bathrooms for every one men's bathroom. It was just crazy. Due to this is my low point #1 of the night was missing the opening song of Journey. The same reason brings me to low point #2, on my way to find the end of the line to the bathroom, I got burned by someone's cigarette.
I couldn't believe that it didn't enter her mind that it was packed and I mean packed, she was bound to hurt someone if she held her cigarette as if she was in a middle of a massive space. She should have held it up in the air so that it didn't hurt anyone. I now have this red dot on my forearm. She apologized and even if I wanted to get mad, what good would it do. Another one is I wished I had my camera but my brother has it all the way in Manila but I had my sister, Jehann's camera and there were 3 massive screens there so it worked out fine.I am bad with song titles so I am not even going to attempt to mention the repertoire. But I will do mention the songs that I know and remember:
Don't Stop Believing - I think Arnel singing it just gives it so much more meaning because he is the perfect example of it. He didn't stop believing and look where he is now. Open Arms - Still gives me goosebumps; After All These Years - love the song; Separate Lives; of course Faithfully.
The concert started at 7 with Cheap Trick and Heart but I missed it since there was a massive traffic going to the venue. Journey came in at 9 until past 11. The crowd was a good mix of different ages. There was a father with 2 or 3 young children who were still probably bubbles in the air when Journey came to life and yet they knew the songs.
Arnel is really good, amazing even. His voice range is really something. He was jumping all over the place. His energy seemed boundless and endless. You watch him with a mix of awe, disbelief and pride. Awe because he is really good and he seems to have established a good rapport with the rest of the band. It seems he has adjusted well. They were just enjoying every moment of it and it showed in their faces, in their performance. Disbelief that I was watching the concert of the band that gave me "Open Arms" and "Faithfully". Also disbelief with a mix of pride but more of pride that a Filipino is the lead singer of this band. He acknowledged his "kababayans" and someone was waving the Philippine flag. He is the epitome of dreams coming true....a feature in People and Time and a spread in GQ and these are just the start.
It was a really good show and Arnel wowed the crowd. Just read this review of the concert from the OC Register.
I am such a bad reviewer but then again I am writing this with my mind drifting in and out of the stages of sleep. Besides, I don't think I will give it the justice that it deserves. But one thing, it was a show well worth the money.
No comments:
Post a Comment