Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Leaving Yesterday

I was contemplating on writing a "year in review" post putting a title of "The Good, The Bad & The Ugly". I already knew it was going to be majority a downer looking back at the year that I have had. 2008 was just a bust. There was a weekend in April that I experienced both a highest of high and a lowest of low followed by sometime in September. It sucked big time that I couldn't wait for this year to be over. I couldn't wait for the clock to strike at midnight so I can finally put 2008 behind me, close that chapter. Start 2009 with a clean slate.

However, I realized as I was writing "The Good" that I didn't want my last posts for the year 2008 to be downers or depressing despite it being such. Instead of rehashing everything that was bad for me this year, bringing me back to those times I am going to look at it as a "cup half-full" rather than "half-empty". I am glad I started with the things that made me happy..the good things for this year rather than with the bad. I realized that sure 2008 wasn't the best but there are still so many things that I am thankful for this year. Confining myself into thinking about the bad ones is for me devaluing the good things. So, I am not going to talk about the bad things anymore. When the clock strikes at midnight on December 31, I will just put the bad things behind me, leave it to yesterday but bring along the good ones, just the good ones and let those grow and flourish come 2009.

Oh a bad one worth mentioning though is Firefox 3.0.5 or whatever it is is not working for me. I want my 2.0 back.

On that note, I remember this song by Keno back in the 80's aptly titled "Leaving Yesterday Behind" that pretty much sums up my attitude towards 2008 from now on.

Since you left me,
I never really tried

To put my life to where it should belong

And I've always let the past gone by

'm realizing that it could be wrong

But now I fin'lly knew

I had to let it go

To make way for a brighter tomorrow


So now I'm leavin' yesterday behind

And fin'lly I've made up my mind

So let the mem'ries stay away

And think about today
I'm leavin' yesterday behind '
Cause now I'll try to live my life once more

The way I did before


Since I know that I never will forget

The memories that made my yesterday

I will try not to let it interfere

The choices I will make along the way


Refrain:
'Cause I'm not livin' in a world of fantasy
I'm here now in the world of reality


Chorus:

So now I'm leavin' yesterday behind

And fin'lly I've made up my mind

So let the mem'ries stay away

And think about today
I'm leavin' yesterday behind
'Cause now I'll try to live my life once more

The way I did before




Happy New Year!!!

No comments: