Small world
I met up with new-found friends (Isy & Raye) on Saturday. Just a day of eating, talking about movies we have watched (usually Filipino and Korean ones), series that we are obssessed with, and life. I met them through a fan community online and they are such a nice group of people. They made me feel welcomed right away. If my long-time friends will be asked, I was not the type who was very open or who befriends just about anyone. I have had the same friends since grade school and high school. But, lately I have met quite a few and found myself having a lot of things in common with them. Through blogging, I also have reconnected with a few people who were probably mere acquiantances in the past or faces in the crowd. It makes me wonder sometimes why didn't this happen when we could have talked face to face. Then I realized, I was a different person then than I am now. Or we just didn't seize the opportunity then or there was no opportunity at all. It's great to be able to have that opportunity now and grabbing it for we wouldn't know what we might be missing in our lives. There are also the people who I have not been properly introduced but I can relate to them and them to me. People come to our lives for a reason. The people that we meet along our journey introduces us to a new world. It is now a small world and its getting smaller by a second. We are interconnected with one another more than we know. I am just happy that I have gone out of my "comfort zone" had I not, I do not think I will evolve more as a person.
The Power Of Now
I bought a book last Saturday titled "The Power of Now" by Eckhart Tolle. (I wish I can put the link but Blogger won't let me for some reasons) I will admit that reading about the author from People Magazine was what made me get the book. I think it is so profound that one was able to find enlightenment from a rather sad point in his life and he is sharing it with whoever is willing to listen. I have not finished the book. But so far it has been quite interesting. I have not made notes from the book but there was one poignant message that he is trying to convey: that we think too much that we become a slave of our mind. That got me thinking but haven't had the change to really absorb the entire book or the pages that I have read so far. I may need to find my quiet place first before I can truly enjoy the book. I will discuss the book more in the future once I have grasp it fully.
No comments:
Post a Comment