From time to time I still feel like I am headed to destination nowhere. There are days that I question where I am, what am I doing in this life. I left my family in the Philippines because I was searching. It may sound cliche' but I feel I need to find myself..my purpose in this life..my own place under the sun. I have not found it yet and I am still searching. I feel lost from time to time.
Have you ever felt
Like a bubble in the wind
Floating aimlessly
As the world changes beneath
Have you ever felt
Like an apple amidst the oranges
Not a whole lot different
Yet still out of place
Have you ever felt
Like a shell on a stranded beach
Watching the tides' highs and lows
Yet somehow stuck to the sand
Have you ever felt
Like a rainbow after the rain
An array of vibrant colors
Yet at times an arc half full
Have you ever felt
Like the sun during a solar eclipse
The rays to its maximum strength
Yet overshadowed by darkness
Have you ever felt
Like a song on the radio
Played endlessly
Is someone listening, no one knows.
Have you ever felt
Like a piece in a puzzle
Without your tiny self
The picture just doesn't seem to gel.
Like a bubble in the wind
Floating aimlessly
As the world changes beneath
Have you ever felt
Like an apple amidst the oranges
Not a whole lot different
Yet still out of place
Have you ever felt
Like a shell on a stranded beach
Watching the tides' highs and lows
Yet somehow stuck to the sand
Have you ever felt
Like a rainbow after the rain
An array of vibrant colors
Yet at times an arc half full
Have you ever felt
Like the sun during a solar eclipse
The rays to its maximum strength
Yet overshadowed by darkness
Have you ever felt
Like a song on the radio
Played endlessly
Is someone listening, no one knows.
Have you ever felt
Like a piece in a puzzle
Without your tiny self
The picture just doesn't seem to gel.
Maybe it is okay to feel lost once in awhile. It is in being lost that we are able to find ways to go back to the path that we have started on. I think it is okay to get sidetracked because we pick up pieces along the way that will help us in our journey. Maybe being lost is part of the journey. Being lost seems scary and daunting and yet maybe it is a good thing because we learn our way back.
No comments:
Post a Comment