Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Disbelief

I cannot believe he gave out his dolphin artwork to a friend of his when I asked for it a long time ago. The nerve of him to say I never told him or he doesn't remember, well if he talked to me more often maybe he would have remembered. But it seems that the only time he does communicate with me is when he is bored to his wits, his ego needs some "pick me up" or he needs reassurance that he is on the right path, or when he gets stranded on a place due to his foolishness and had to walk the 4 miles or so home in the early morning by himself in an empty highway. He was lucky that time that I answered his missed call. If I had been like his other friends, he would be walking home alone. But being the nice person that I am, I called him back and stayed on the phone with him until he was safely home. Geez! I know I am being petty about the whole "dolphin" artwork but I so wanted it when he was about to throw it. It makes me think if my friends are indeed right that I am just way too nice to him. Maybe I should snap from looking at this whole situation which has now spanned 2 decades with rose-colored lenses. Frankly, it is getting tiring. Although, I am not anymore expecting anything to happen at all, still it's annoying. I am just going through the motions of it and see where it leads us. Sure it would be nice if he has a definitive place in my life but he is so indecisive and now he also gave away the artwork of his that I liked to someone else. Whatever! Nakakainis ka! I think life is telling me something. Maybe it is high time I listen to it!

I cannot believe that my cousin actually expects me to help her find her "dream" prom dress when she herself doesn't know what she wants. She has spent the past few weekends looking for it but with no success so now I have to help her since her mom pretty much gave up on her. Well, I not only have to help her but I want to help her. It would do her some good to attend her prom after all it's her last year of high school. It is only now that she is getting the whole experience I am not going to let some illusion of the "perfect" dress ruin it for her. If we won't be able to find the "perfect" dress then at least close to perfection is what we would have to settle with. If she has a problem with that, well too bad. She wants to go to prom, she would have to stick with whatever.

I cannot believe that some teachers think that by failing his/her students says something about him/her being a good teacher or not. I have had my shares of teachers who love terrorizing their students. It is actually their badge of honor to be known as the "terror" teachers. My sister's prick of a teacher in modelling failed her for reasons we do not know yet. He (the teacher) does not give feedbacks on his students' progress, he is irritated when students go to consult with him, and according to my sister he seems to be scowling all the time in class. There are only 10 people in this class and sometimes only 4 shows up. That says a lot on the kind of teacher one is. It seems that this teacher has some personal issues with the department because he feels that his class isn't given the importance that he deemed it deserves. Well, if that is the case bring the issue to the chairperson and not use his students to make a statement. He cannot and should not penalize his students for something that he has to take to the department head. According to the records, supposedly, my sister "over cut" but if that was the case then why bother allowing her and other classmates to continue on with the class and take their final exams. Why waste their time when they could have been focusing on other subjects that will be more compassionate to their whole well-being. Well she "cut" a couple of times because she was drowning with requirements for his class. Sure, it is my sister's fault that she may have not passed some projects on time but he should have told them so after or before the project was even submitted and not when its grade-giving time when students are at the mercy of their teachers. My sister worked so hard on this subject more than any subject to a point of exhaustion. She sometimes do not get to sleep finishing her projects on top of the demands of her other classes. She goes to school with little or no sleep at all. Due to this she got sick a lot of times during the last term and lost so much weight at an alarming rate, which made my mom worry. She even got sick during Finals week. And she suffered a relapse once she was back home in Tacloban. Students go to school to get an education, not to be driven to insanity. To top it off, while his students are languishing over the academic turmoil that he has put them in, he is in the States, probably having fun. If I know where he is here, I would hunt him down and give him a piece of my mind. Grrrrr!!!!

Hay! :: SIGH:: well, at least it pays to have a law student for a brother so they made an appeal letter to the department head. Not only does my sister have the suppport of my brother but also of 3 other law student friends of his as her legal team. LOL Technically, my brother and his friends are just entering their 4th year of law school but hey they are almost there. They know enough to appeal what a big injustice this is and how unfair it has been. Hopefully, things will work out fine.

No comments: