Wednesday, May 04, 2005

1 hour & 10 minutes

This day has been annoyingly slow for me. I still have an hour and 10 minutes before I head out of this office. I really am not in the best conditions to work but I have to or else I will be left with a mountain of work to do when I come back from vacation. No way! So what have I done this day aside from "hardly working"?

* ate "Filipinos"! Nope! I have not resorted to cannibalism or eating my own people but these are amazingly good donut shaped chocolate cookies coated with white chocolate that a friend of mine gave me as "pasalubong" from Spain. Yummy!

* listening to music both OPM - MYMP yeah! and amazingly enough Korean music, usually the ones from the series that I have seen or will see. Yup, music is a universal language. Don't need to really understand it just feel. Though it would help if I know what it is about.

* browsing the web for a worthwhile thing to read, usually anything about Tacloban or Eastern Visayas. I think I am feeling a tad homesick and since I already spoke with my parents last night, I decided to get my cure from the web. I found a site that promotes the music of Eastern Visayas and I found this site musica waraynon, and discovered "Aila", which is pronounced as "ay la" short for "ayaw la". Amazing band. Love their songs especially "Away"!

* still on Leyte..I haven't been home in 7 years so I am pretty sure a lot has changed. I might even get lost already that's what my Dad said which I am sure will be the truth. Aside from getting lost, I probably would know fewer people. Though a number of my friends or at least people I know have stayed in Tacloban, most of my friends are either in Cebu, Manila or States. So I was checking out what's new in Tacloban and I came across this website for a bistro which I am sure my parents or my siblings have mentioned. calle zaragoza. Hmmm sounds promising and they have amazing food so that is one thing on my list to go to when I find myself home. I was browsing through the photo galleries and imagine my shock to see a familiar face after pages of people I don't recognize. It is Mano Lito Tuang, who is sort of an "adopted" child of my parents! Mano Lito

* aside from places to visit and people to see in Tacloban, the one thing that I will most definitely do is be at home. I miss our house! I miss Mana Mila's cooking. I miss our room! Everything! Most of all I will be with family who I miss the most! ::SIGH:: San-o daw la!

No comments: