Thursday, November 03, 2005

Not a fan..

There is a pile of clothes waiting to be folded calling my name. There is my closet waiting to be tidied up gazing at me. But here I am in front of the computer posting an entry. Well, not entirely since I have clothes in the dryer that I am waiting for that I have to hang right away so I wont have to iron them. Embarrassing as it is, I am going to admit that ironing isn't my friend. I do not enjoy ironing or folding clothes. I will avoid it as much as possible. I will rejoice when the day comes that a dryer that will iron and fold my clothes gets invented and made available on the market. Only when I need to would I do it. Not that I am totally lazy but I guess my inner OC-ness comes out when I do these chores. I remember ironing my handkerchief back then and I made every attempt to make all four corners aligned. I do not mind repeating it over and over until its done. I get peeved when after ironing one section of the shirt and making sure that its crisp and without wrinkles, the cord gets in the way and messes it all up. That is also a reason why I prefer not to iron. I want a wireless iron. Because I know myself that I wont stop until it passes quality assurance. I am not really that bad because I know of people who iron their jeans and wouldn't mind taking them off again when they see a wrinkle in it and iron it again. I am not totally OC in every way. But I do have my little quirks here and there. Like for instance, my coins are divided into 3 canisters: quarters, nickels & dimes and then pennies. If one that doesn't belong in the canister falls through, I will fish it out and put it in the right one. I am not a total neat freak but I am not a slob either. I'd like to think I am in the middle. I wont tidy up if I don't feel like it but when I do, even if its 3 AM I will do it.

Its not much about cleaning as it is about organization. For as long as I can remember, my mom has taught us to make a list before going grocery shopping. We do not go around, back and forth at the grocery. We go aisle by aisle, getting the stuff we need as we go along. When my dad leaves on business trips, he leaves my siblings and I a list of things we need to do with our names spelled out on the top of the paper. When traveling, my mom told us to make a list of the things we packed, make 2 copies, leave one at home and bring another one with us. That will be our guide in making sure we don't leave anything behind. The newly-washed clothes should be at the bottom and rotate it. This is why up until now I am still a "list" person. I make a list of the things I need to do for the day. Granted I am not able to follow it to the letter, I still make one. I make a list of what I need to buy at the grocery or mall. I still make a list of what to bring when I travel and I "double check" my double check if that even makes any sense. Though, I have not gone to as far as alphabetizing my cd collection, I do organize them according to artist. I group together those cds of the same artist. My accessories have their own little compartments: real, beads, pearls, silver, wood, brass, earrings, rings, necklaces, bracelets etc. These are all in one place. Because of the number of accessories I have, it can seem like its not even organized but I can find whatever it is I am looking for and I know when any of my stuff is missing. I call that my "organized mess". My work desk is a prime example of this. My desk has seen better days with different piles around but I know where things are even if I am out of the office. I can direct whoever it is that's looking when I need him or her to find something. But watch, the moment I start fixing all of them, I forget where I placed things when I need to find them and that makes me crazy.

This post is so random. I think blogging is my excuse to not do what I am supposed to do but alas they beckon so I am left with no choice. I do not have Mana Mila around so I have to do it. Much as I am not a fan of ironing and folding clothes, I am not a bigger fan of seeing a pile of clean clothes on top of my bed. Its not going to magically disappear so like it or not, I have to do it. Got to go, my clothes are shouting my name.

No comments: