They say that the one constant thing in this world is change. But I think it is also the same thing that people are scared of. I know I am. I am scared of changing who I am, of forgetting who I am. Changing means shaking the equilibrium that I have built for myself all these years. I think when we have built a world that we are comfortable in, we would really want to keep it that way. Once we have built our very own bubble, we are scared to venture away from it. But then we are hindering ourselves from learning when we do that. But do we really change or like what the song said we just "need a new version of me"? When I turned a year older this year, I remembered this song. It has been awhile since I last saw an episode of Felicity or have heard of this song but for some reasons I thought of it, if not the day of my birthday, the days after it. I had visions of clearing away my closet for clothes that I thought I must not wear anymore, thought of changing my hair. Aside from the hair part, I haven't done it but it continues to plague my thoughts and I am thinking that maybe I should look deeply and find "a new version of me". Who or what is the "new version of me"? I am not sure yet but I am slowly discovering it. I do not mean total abandonment of the person that I have become. I am who I am today because of the people I have met, experiences - both good and bad that I have been through, trials, challenges, failures, triumphs, disappointments, happiness, sadness, heartaches that I have been through and will still be facing. But I think just do what I want to do without having to worry of what others will say or do something and worry about it later. What have I thought of so far?
- start writing again. May it be poetry, essay, short story, anything. I have equated not writing to not feeling and I don't want to be that way. Even if I am not in my best of moods, I still would want to write because at least I know that I still have feelings and not totally apathetic.
- rediscover cooking and baking, who knows enroll in culinary school finally. I have been sent a brochure and each time I see the ad on tv, my yearning grows. I don't plan to make a career out of it. Its just my passion.
- save up so I can live on my own and bring my sister along. Living with relatives has its good and bad points but at this point in my life I would want to stay away from the people that sometimes make me question who I am and what I am. I would like to be comfortable and happy rather than being sensitive and understanding of other people's feelings. Papa was right I have to start thinking of "me" first rather than other people.
- Travel by myself. Well, maybe go to place where I may know someone but discover the place on my own. I always do the "touristy" thing but I don't think I truly know the place. No specific place in mind yet.
- Learn photography. I have the perfect camera already in mind. Just need to buy it (still saving) and start learning.
- Start dressing my age. It seems shallow but I think the reason people don't believe how old I am is because of the way I dress.
- In one of my "crazy" days, I have thought of getting a tattoo LOL. A small one. A heart, a dolphin, a flower, anything small. I used to want it in my lower back but now I want it in the inside of my ankle. I think that is the ultimate rebellion for people who know me but then again this is not about rebellion but about a new version of me. So that is still questionable plus the fact that I am deathly scared of needles. That is one factor I have to consider. Maybe compromise and get a henna tattoo one instead. At least I got that out of the way.
We will see.
No comments:
Post a Comment