Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Hindsight is always 20/20

I just found out that this guy that I sort of found cute back in college got married. :( Back then I just thought he was cute but I didn't think much about it. He and my cousin moved in the same circles so that's how I met him. Their org "tambayan" was near ours in school so we would exchange "hi's and hellos" or small talk when he would come over to our "tambayan" when I was by my lonesome. A lot of my girl friends found him cute as well but I think more than cute, he was a really nice guy and smart too. As my graduation drew near I saw less and less of him since he was also busy with his own studies. I just shrugged it off since I just thought he was cute nothing more. I was way too preoccupied with my studies to even do anything or think about anything. Besides I don't think I ever felt that he was into me other than being friends so why bother. Then we lost touch when I graduated and eventually left the country. I haven't heard anything about him since until I found him on Friendster a year ago I think. I was glad but it was also through Friendster that I found out that he has just gotten married. He seems happy which I am glad to know and it has been ages ago so its already a distant memory. It makes me wonder why I was even interested in knowing anything about him. We were not even really friends just acquaintances but he did something one time though which until now I can't forget. On one of those times at our tambayan, he had a brilliant idea to use those correction pen to draw a flower on the nail of my thumb like nailart which was the trend that time. I was bewildered and I tried to pull my thumb away but he wouldn't let me until he was done drawing the flower. I think that flower stayed there for the rest of the day. Until now I still don't know nor understand why he did that for but I smile now when I remember that moment. I actually don't remember the day nor the date just the gesture. But *sigh* he is now married and to his longtime girlfriend at that so.. Congratulations to them!

No comments: