I would like to believe that I am one of those people who have a lot of patience. I do not get affected or pissed off easily. When I do it means that I have reached the very end of my rope and I need some time alone or need to do something to release all those pent up emotions. Writing has been one of my ways to let off steam and so far the one that has worked the best.
* Some of my relatives are acting dumb again which is annoying me to no end! Really they should be the adults here but no! They are such a baggage that I, along with my clear thinking relatives really shouldn't be carrying around but we are. Then again we can choose our friends but not our relatives. When would that time be?
* I think people, in any shape, size or form are bound, born even to be judgmental. We frown at what other people do that we may thing isn't appropriate. We question people's actions just because it wouldn't be the same thing we would do if in the same situation. We are quick to judge and yet taken aback when we are called about our own hypocrisy. We question other people's value system basing it on our own when we shouldn't because each person as his or her own value system that they live by. What may be wrong based on our value system isn't wrong when based on theirs. Our value systems are shaped by so many different things - family, religion, society, morals, education etc which are not all the same and objective so its a moot point to even be pissed if some people just don't look at the same thing like we do. I am guilty of this as well but I think studying Psychology and age as well has taught me to be less judgmental and more tolerant of other people just cause they are different and do not think the same way I do. We, after all are all individuals and unique in our own way. Shouldn't we just celebrate our individuality and not base what people do on our own definitions of right and wrong? Don't get me wrong. I am no angel nor saint. I also snap one in awhile after all I am still human.
* Fourteen years of studying Religion/Theology and all those years spent studying in Catholic schools has taught me that God created people in his own image and likeness. I was also taught that service to man, is a service to God as well. Whatever we do, how ever we treat a fellow human being goes back to a Supreme Being. Why then are there people who have so much faith in God and yet so little, almost non existent faith in people? Doesn't that defeat the whole purpose of how we were created in the first place?
No comments:
Post a Comment