Saturday, July 01, 2006

Almost perfect

I don't know what it is but women and maybe some men are in constant search for that "perfect" thing. For example: LBD (little black dress), white tee, jeans, shoes, etc. It is such an enigma why we are constantly looking for it when the reality may be that it doesn't even exist. But I guess, the search is part of the fun of it. I, myself am is in an endless search of everything mentioned above. One of my search is to find that "perfect" red shoes. A lot of people I know (Tet, Clare kayo yun LOL) are also insearchof that "perfect" red shoes. Not one of us has so far been lucky until I went to the mall today with my aunt. I was just going around when I saw IT - the "almost perfect" red shoes by Anne Klein. I will explain the "almost" part later. Maybe its a bit melodramatic but it took my breath away. I went near it and check if it was available in my size and the one on display was MY size. I tried it on and it fit perfectly. It was the right height. It was comfortable. I am sure since I tried it on when I have been walking and on my toes pretty much the entire day. I liked the design. I can already picture the outfits that I can wear it with. The only drawback is it costs more than what I usually pay for my shoes. It may really not be much compared if it had been a Choo or a Blahnik or a Weitzman but still its a lot of money for a pair of shoes that I really am not going to wear everyday and who knows how often I would wear it. I decided to let the logical side of my brain rule..I placed the shoe back on the display rack and told myself to sleep on it. If I still LOVE it by tomorrow and its still available, I am definitely getting it. My sister was on the dot because she said most likely I would go back and buy it. We are the same size too so she benefits if I buy it. My aunt said I would probably not get any sleep tonight because I would be thinking about those shoes. She is right as well because otherwise I wouldn't be posting about it when its already past midnight. My logical side is already prepared with justifications why I should get it: I don't own a pair of red shoes yet, I have been looking for one and now I have found one that pretty much fits the bill. The reason why I say its the "almost perfect" pair of red shoes because I don't think perfection exists and its definition is pretty much subjective. And besides if I say that I have found the "perfect" red shoes, it means my search has ended. What if I find another one that will still fit my definition? Do I ignore it? I highly doubt it. I will still find reasons as to why I want it. I don't think anyone's search truly ends. I know! I know its just shoes. Its not life, love or happiness. Its not going to solve the world's problems, or cure a disease or feed the hungry. But its something I have control over. Shallow as it may be but I felt giddy when I saw it but for now I shall think about it and see if its something worth buying.

No comments: