Wednesday, August 16, 2006

I am stressed coz I am not stressing

HUH?? Yup, I am weird that way.

Its 3 days before my Lola's birthday. Its 3 days to the event that my cousins and I planned, prepared for the past few months. Its 3 days to the event that will or will not prove that we, the younger generation is capable to coming up with something with as little help as possible from the older generation. We still have things to do. I have not crossed out much from the list in my previous post especially the script part. I don't even have as much as an intro written. I have all the reasons to panic and to be stressed. But the thing is... I AM NOT! Which is scaring me a whole lot.

I really should be raking my brains out right now to write something sensible. I really should have given the script already to the hosts so they can practice. I really should have the seating arrangement done by now (its just halfway done.) I should have already started with the gift box but until now its still a folded piece of carton waiting to be assembled, shaped into a treasure chest and put the trimmings. We should have the guestbook done by now but its only now that we have decided on what we are going to have. Its not really a hard task to do but still a task added to the already enormous one we have.

We can do this! We did not come this far to fail. I don't think that we will. I have faith in myself and in my cousins that we will be able to pull this through. I guess the reason why I am not stressing is because I am not doing everything as some people think. I have disseminated the tasks to my other cousins and the mere fact that they are all stepping up is the reason why I am not at all stressing that much. Besides, nothing will be accomplished if I am going to allow myself be overwhelmed by the enormous responsibility and task on hand. I already know that there is a lot of pressure and expectations, I don't need to constantly remind myself of it because if I will it will just take all the sanity out of me.

Ask me again on Friday if I am still not stressing. Who knows if my story would have changed by then.

No comments: