The party was a big success! Everyone had fun and it was organized. It wasn't perfect which I didn't mind but the point is, everyone had a blast. My lola was grateful and she really enjoyed her party. There were no major glitches, no dramas, we were on schedule and we were within budget. People it seems didn't want to leave. I even had to tell the staff at the venue to turn on the lights because people were still dancing long after the end of our time. Guests liked the venue, the food, the music, the flowers. We had some technical difficulties but we timed dinner in such a way that even if we had gaps in the program no one would be bored because they will be busy eating.
My cousins prepared 4 dance numbers: modern, maglalatik, pandanggo sa ilaw and tinikling which brought the house down. Bear in mind that no professional teacher was hired to teach my cousins. My aunt had a dvd of Philippine.Dances and they just watched it and taught themselves. The tinikling was such a hit that it warranted an encore which my cousins did. The modern dance was first danced back in 1999 thus its music is still in a tape. It has been a tradition to dance it at every family party and it never gets old. K.Miles and I were the ones who taught them the dance back then and now the older cousins are the ones teaching the younger ones.
I am tired and I am still recovering but it brings smile to my face when my relatives and the guests would tell me how much they enjoyed the party and commended me for a job well done. I couldn't have done it by myself. All of my cousins pitched in and stepped up and they share the accolades too. It has been 4 days since the party and people are still talking about it and that makes me glad.
My full account of the party is to follow when my brain is already back to its fully functioning mode. Right now, its still on a sleepy mode.
No comments:
Post a Comment