But, these rings don't come cheap so I can only dream of it for the meantime and save up for it. Then I read over at kikay exchange about this new thing from Sweden called "Singelringen" which is now available in the Philippines and the US. "Singelringen" which means "ring for singles" is for both men and women. Like the "right hand ring" this too is worn on the right hand. It celebrates one's status and conscious choice for now which is that of being single. What makes this ring very interesting is the fact that if you look closely in the inside rim of the ring is a series of numbers. This is the registration number of each ring. Once purchased, the owner registers the ring in the website (http://www.singelringen.com), and this allows the owner to communicate with other singles in the world. Browsing through the site, one can also make an "anonymous request" which is basically a query if a particular person is still single. I am curious how this would work though. Unless that other person purchased a "singelringen" as well and registered, I think it would be hard to know if he or she is still single. But its worth a try. Who knows. In these age of F.riendster and M.y S.pace and other social network sites, here is another one that could possibly bring people together. Its amazing what people come up with.
I actually just want the ring. I think its also a good gift to give to my single friends, the number of which is dwindling down fast. Though I can buy it online, its a bit tricky with the ring size. I think if I would shell out that much money I would want it to fit me perfectly. So the search is on in finding a store that carries this.



No comments:
Post a Comment