I once joked to my cousin that why is it that I am related to some of the nicest and good-looking guys. Here are guys who I think have a lot of potentials but downside is I am related to them in a big way that its out of the question.
One is a son of my second cousin. I just newly discovered that he is a relative. I just met him when I came to the States and he was at one of our family parties. I noticed him right away, he was a new face after all. Plus, who wouldn't? He is tall, good-looking, nicely built, nice skin color, soft-spoken and quite intelligent. He is the same age as I am. He was also interested in getting to know some of his relatives most of whom he has only recently found out of their existence. In the few times that he would be at family parties, we have always talked and he is just interesting. He lives quite far and not always able to come to our parties but when there is an opportunity to invite him and me, being the family event planner and all, I include him in the list. If one thinks about it, our connection is already pretty far but in F.ilipino culture, once tagged as a relative is a relative and therefore hands-off. Besides, his last name is my middle name so that is just too weird.
Not that my other guy cousins do not belong in the list of nice and good-looking guys but there are just too many of them to mention so I have to pick one. I think one of the nicest and good looking guys is Mikey. He is the son who at 17 took over being the "head of the family" when his father died. Even while his dad was still alive, Mikey was already a sensitive, mature, responsible guy so it wasn't a surprise that he has taken his new role quite well and has adapted to it easily. Being the only boy in a brood of 5, he is used to female company add to that his female cousins. Even he is the only guy in the group, he doesn't mind. One time, we were at an accessories store, the girls going all crazy, where was Mikey? Right in the middle of the store, just waiting for us to finish, not once did he tell us to hurry up or scowled at us or anything. He just waited until we were done. He also waited for me and Cassey when we went to watch a movie once after he and Chantal already brought the younger kids into the theater. When I asked what he was doing there, he said so we would know where we were sitting. Some girl will be very lucky to be loved by this guy and I hope she knows how lucky she is.
And there is my brother, Niccolo. I didn't use to think he was nice or good-looking. I could never look at him that way. In high school a teacher told me "kabuotan nala nimo brother" (your brother is kind). I didn't know what to say to her. I didn't want to badmouth my brother but in my mind I was asking myself if we were talking about the same guy. My brother was a pain growing up like all younger brothers. But as he grew older, his kindness came to the surface. Maybe he has been nice all these times but we, his sisters just didn't realize it. He is really sweet and caring, a good listener too. Maybe he overdoes it a bit sometimes when he makes "lambing" to our mom. He is nauseatingly sweet sometimes. But that is just his nature. At 27, he still follows with no questions when our parents tell him to do something - wash the dishes, drive people around, do errands, etc. He doesn't complain, well not in front of our parents but he does to us but he will still do it anyway. He is a gentleman, mature, responsible, sensitive so its no wonder we, his sisters tend to turn overprotective when it comes to girls for him. My friends and some people have told me that he is good looking. At first I was like "eww". He is my brother for goodness sakes, I am not supposed to think that he is. Well, now I do and I have to after all he is my brother. A lot of girls have taken advantage of his kindness and have broken his heart. They have no idea what they have let go of. Well its their loss anyway. Someone worthy will eventually come along.
Well, its pretty unfair to compare other guys to them but it cannot be helped. When one is surrounded with such good quality of guys, its pretty much expected that we would want if not the same at least comparable for ourselves. Not much in terms of physicality but its a plus but more on character. When you have guys like these who think the world of you, you would want someone like that as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment