I think I can be the easiest and hardest person to buy a present for. Well for one when people ask me what I want, my usual reply is "it doesn't matter", or "nothing in particular". I know how frustrating that can be because I feel the same way when I get the same answer. But I cannot help it. I just do not want to impose on anyone and its the truth anyway, I will take anything as long as I know it came from the heart. Besides whatever it is becomes secondary when you realize that the person really thought it through before getting me anything. Nothing makes receiving a gift sweeter when the giver says "I thought of you when I saw this, so I got it." I am particularly fond of this one gift that someone gave me. Its a hardcover journal - black with white blank pages. Nothing extraordinary but the note that came with it made it nicer - the giver saw it one random day, thought of me and got it. Same thing when I saw my cousin Chantal wearing this Asian print shirt. I liked it. I asked her where she got it and she told me that she actually bought it for me but she wore it instead because it looked nice. I could have been bummed by that but I wasn't because the point is, she was at a store, saw the shirt and thought of me, bought it with intentions of giving it to me when there was no occasion. Besides, its not like I wont be able to borrow it when her closet is an extension of mine and vice versa.
Be that I usually say "nothing in particular" when asked, it doesn't mean that I really want nothing in particular. Sure I do but its not directed to any particular person. Its usually just for me, my list for what I would get for myself eventually. But if a kind soul out there would get it for me then I would be grateful. =)
So what do I want hopefully for this Christmas or for the coming year?
Skagen watch
I saw this at the mall and fell "in love" with it. Its a bit pricey for a watch, at least with what I usually buy but I tried it on and I want it. It could be my Christmas/birthday present for myself.
lomographic action sampler camera
I like photography and would like to dabble on it. But since I don't have the same "eye" for it like my sister, Camille does, I think lomography will be a good alternative. Its more "pop art-ish". But I will give a verdict when I actually get hold of one and try it myself.
Colehaan Village Lunch tote
I have wanted this for the longest time ever since I saw it in a magazine. I think its one of those classic designs that wont go out of style. What I like about it is that sure its a brand name but its not the "screaming" kind. Plus the best part of it is its roomy enough for all of my stuff. I have this tendency to fill up my bags whether small or big.
an Ipod
I think I belong to the 1% of the population that doesnt own this thing yet. I dont care be it a shuffle, nano or how many GB is there, I just want one. It would come handy during travel when reading isnt an option unless I want to suffer motion sickness. Kuya Miles mentioned that the thing now in Manila during parties is not to get a DJ but to just have 2 Ipods and a mixer and anyone can be their own DJ. That is cool.
And of course to travel...somewhere..anywhere. Well almost anywhere...not in the war zones of course.
Aside from the material things, I also wish for world peace, a clean and honest 2007 elections, peace in the family, more self-less politicians and since my sister is an Environmental Science major - do our part in repairing the world that we live in. Basta..love, peace and happiness.
No comments:
Post a Comment