Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Happy pills

So many things are making me happy nowadays. It started over the weekend when after some time I had a chance to have a day all by myself again. I wasn't depressed. I wasn't lonely. Sure I was by my lonesome but I didn't feel lonely at all. Besides, its not like this is the first time. I never had a problem with doing a lot of things on my own. Sure, it would be nice to have some company but if company is nowhere, I am not going to let it stop me.

Saturday
  • I finally finished folding all my clothes and not only that I actually arranged my closet and drawers.
  • Heard the Filipino mass with cousins and met up with more relatives there.
  • Had a nice meal of chicken adobo and interesting conversation with relatives.
Sunday
  • Slept in since I already heard mass
  • It was a warm, sunny day in the middle of winter and was too pretty to waste staying indoors. So...
  • I decided to spend the day at the mall. I really had no definite agenda but just to be outside. Sure I was still indoors but at least it wasn't inside a cold house.
  • Had lunch at CPK (Sesame chicken dumplings and Chinese Chicken salad) and was surprised to see that I wasn't charged my drink.
  • Watched a movie "Because I Said So"
The movie was just what I needed. It was funny, romantic, heartwarming and poignant. It made me laugh. It may be a chick flick but I think the few guys who watched it enjoyed it too since their laughter resonated all around the theater. I liked it and most of all it made me appreciate my mom so much more. My appreciation of Mama deserves a separate post.
  • I bought two pairs of shoes - a brown and a tan one.
Early into my day, I already bought a brown pair since I don't have much brown shoes (yeah, yeah I am rationalizing) but then just before I went inside the theater I peeked into a shoe store and I saw a pair of tan shoes. I have been looking for a pair of tan shoes but I couldn't find any that I really liked until today. They had it in my size. It was just the right fit, the right style, the right height, a wedge heel that I wanted. But, I was conflicted since I felt it was a bit much to buy two pairs in one day. I decided to hold off on buying it and went into the theater. But I knew I was in trouble when as the movie was starting my mind was floating somewhere else...yup, to the pair of tan shoes. It was bad. So what did I do after the movie? I went back to the shoe store, asked to try the pair once again and ended up buying the shoes. I went home happy. Three days had passed and I am still happy about my purchase. Not even discovering that the blouse I got on sale had a hole in it could dampen my spirits. I will just think of a creative way to fix the problem since I cannot return or exchange it anymore.

Monday and Tuesday were stress-free days at work which was better than fine to me.

And today...

My Dad and brother are arriving tonight from the Philippines. YAY!!! I haven't seen Papa in 5 years and I haven't seen Nicco in 9 years. I am ready for the late nights ahead. Plus, we are planning a long drive to the Bay Area to visit our relatives on Papa's side. It would have been the best thing if Mama and Camille are here too. But, Camille has her thesis to finish and knowing her, she would make us all feel bad if she was left alone. So, Mama is staying with her for an entire month. I can't wait for my "pasalubongs" but most of all I cannot wait to see Papa and Nicco after a long time.

No comments: