Two hours was all the sleep I got or maybe even less.
So here I am at work just going through the day. My eyes hurt since they only got two hours of rest too from my contact lenses. My ophthalmologist would be very happy. Since Monday I have been coming to work early and I mean early - 7 AM. That is early since I used to come at 9 AM and I would still be late. When I used to be late before, now I am here before everyone else in our building arrive. I am working on an extra project for my boss and I can only do it at these early hours. I really don't mind. Better this than working into the night. I actually like coming to work before everyone else does. I don't have phone calls or questions from people to distract me. Downside is I am usually out of light for an hour since our lights are on timer and it doesn't turn on until 8 AM. Good thing my office is by a window.
I may just have had two hours of sleep and my eyes hurt but its fine because Papa and Nicco are here. Days before, people were telling me not to cry. I know I couldn't promise that since I am a sucker for "airport scenes" were people see each other after being apart and its seen on their faces how happy they are. And the amount of time that I haven't seen either one I think merits some waterworks from me. But that didn't happen because, well we didn't have the time to be all melancholic and sentimental. Usually this happens when we have spent a good amount of time sitting by the arrival area waiting for whoever it is that we are picking up. We have gotten used to waiting that we took our sweet time. The estimated arrival was 625 PM which means that we will leave the house by then so by the time we got there, the plane had landed and the passengers have disembarked. I brought along sustenance - food and drinks, anticipating the waiting. But this did not happen since as we were just about to take the exit to the airport, Nicco already sent a text message to my sister that they are already there. What?? Its just 7 PM. We figured they still have immigration and customs to deal with so we were just right on time. Nope, we were not. We were late because they have already been cleared by Customs too. They were waiting by the curbside for us. No chance for waterworks to even ebb. As soon as we found a spot in front of Papa and Nicco, hugged them and put their baggage into the car, we went home. That swift. And Mama was getting worried back home about them.
That was just the second on the string of luck Papa and Nicco got. While they were still at the airport in Manila, waiting to board the plane, Papa was informed that they have been upgraded to Mabuhay Class. Reasons we still don't know until now but nevertheless thankful. Since Papa travels extensively all over the Philippines for work, he has raked enough miles to be an Elite member so one of his perks was that his baggage are labeled "priority" so we kind of figured maybe this was the basis too why they were upgraded. Lucky them. I guess PAL can be forgiven for being late every so often if they treat their frequent fliers like this. Upgraded or not, I am just so happy and excited to have them here.
Two hours of sleep and I am surprised that I am still able to write a coherent post. This is just the start. I don't know how much or how less sleep I would be able to get in the next few days.
So here I am at work just going through the day. My eyes hurt since they only got two hours of rest too from my contact lenses. My ophthalmologist would be very happy. Since Monday I have been coming to work early and I mean early - 7 AM. That is early since I used to come at 9 AM and I would still be late. When I used to be late before, now I am here before everyone else in our building arrive. I am working on an extra project for my boss and I can only do it at these early hours. I really don't mind. Better this than working into the night. I actually like coming to work before everyone else does. I don't have phone calls or questions from people to distract me. Downside is I am usually out of light for an hour since our lights are on timer and it doesn't turn on until 8 AM. Good thing my office is by a window.
I may just have had two hours of sleep and my eyes hurt but its fine because Papa and Nicco are here. Days before, people were telling me not to cry. I know I couldn't promise that since I am a sucker for "airport scenes" were people see each other after being apart and its seen on their faces how happy they are. And the amount of time that I haven't seen either one I think merits some waterworks from me. But that didn't happen because, well we didn't have the time to be all melancholic and sentimental. Usually this happens when we have spent a good amount of time sitting by the arrival area waiting for whoever it is that we are picking up. We have gotten used to waiting that we took our sweet time. The estimated arrival was 625 PM which means that we will leave the house by then so by the time we got there, the plane had landed and the passengers have disembarked. I brought along sustenance - food and drinks, anticipating the waiting. But this did not happen since as we were just about to take the exit to the airport, Nicco already sent a text message to my sister that they are already there. What?? Its just 7 PM. We figured they still have immigration and customs to deal with so we were just right on time. Nope, we were not. We were late because they have already been cleared by Customs too. They were waiting by the curbside for us. No chance for waterworks to even ebb. As soon as we found a spot in front of Papa and Nicco, hugged them and put their baggage into the car, we went home. That swift. And Mama was getting worried back home about them.
That was just the second on the string of luck Papa and Nicco got. While they were still at the airport in Manila, waiting to board the plane, Papa was informed that they have been upgraded to Mabuhay Class. Reasons we still don't know until now but nevertheless thankful. Since Papa travels extensively all over the Philippines for work, he has raked enough miles to be an Elite member so one of his perks was that his baggage are labeled "priority" so we kind of figured maybe this was the basis too why they were upgraded. Lucky them. I guess PAL can be forgiven for being late every so often if they treat their frequent fliers like this. Upgraded or not, I am just so happy and excited to have them here.
Two hours of sleep and I am surprised that I am still able to write a coherent post. This is just the start. I don't know how much or how less sleep I would be able to get in the next few days.
No comments:
Post a Comment