Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Wii crazy

I will be first to admit, I am not a big gamer. I even suck at DanceDanceRevolution, if that is even possible. In fact, my interaction with interactive games is probably less than .01%. The most time I had with games was probably at the height of the "brick game" or Tetris. Other than that, not a whole lot. So it is very surprising that I took a liking for the new Nintendo Wii. I have heard of it, who hasn't, but as with all the other consoles out there, I couldn't care less since I don't play much. But I was at my cousin's house, with nothing much to do and with the prodding of my cousin to try, I did. Actually, I think they just wanted another player or they didn't want me to just be staring at them. We played the Wii Sports - tennis and bowling. Here it is, in real life I also suck at both well more in tennis than in bowling. At least in bowling I have had my share of strikes. Tennis, on the other hand just doesn't love me. So it was exciting to be able to return a serve much more being able to deliver an "ace" and only get strikes and spares on bowling. None of those gutter ball ones. I got a 223 out of a perfect score of 300 in bowling. In real life that is not even a possibility. Getting a score of 150 is even good enough. Sure, my right arm hurt for probably two days after our "little" game. I am not surprised since it was probably the most exercise I've gotten in the past few months. My muscles got a shock. But it was worth it. It was a good source of exercise since my entire body was moving.

I have never bought a game or a console in my life unless its for a gift but I am actually thinking of buying one for my own. Its not that expensive too. Its a hot commodity right now with everyone clamoring to get hold of one. I know a lot of my relatives are. So it seems every relatives' house that we will go to there will be a Wii there. I am not rushing out though to buy it because (1) I don't have space in my room for one; (2) if I want to play I can always go to any of my cousin's house and I will be hitting two birds with one stone - be able to play and have some company. When I am living in my own house, then I will buy one but I think by the time that happens, something new is already out in the market. Oh well.

Last night, Wii was all we talked about. My cousin is not only buying one but he plans to organize like a "Wii party" or "Wii tournament" for us cousins come summer. It should be fun. Some friendly competition. We will see. Well for the meantime, they have to get hold first of a console before all these plans come true. Getting one is already a lot of trouble. Only a few gets released every week and to have the best chance of purchasing one, falling in line at 6 AM outside the stores would be it. Hmmm...no thanks for now.

2 comments:

Gail T. said...

i suck at games too. one day at work, i kept complaining of a sore right arm. i didn't know why... until i remembered i played some bowling on the wii the night before. (my brother got a wii as a gift.) haha. :)

raissa said...

hahaha! It is so much fun. My cousin had this funny way of releasing the bowl. ayaw ko na daw hiya kuhaan hin makaarawod na picture LOL