I got tagged by Ate Joelle and this is what inspired me to write a post. I have a lot of topics to blog about but couldn't seem to find the time to sit down and write so this will do for now.
"Each player of this game starts with 6 weird things about himself or herself. People who get tagged need to write a blog entry of their own as well as state the rule clearly. In the end, you need to tag 6 people as well and list their names. Don't forget to let them know they've been tagged!"
1. I listen to music that I don't understand the lyrics. I watch movies where I have to read the dialogue and stars whose names I cannot pronounce. It happened by accident and now I am so used to reading subtitles that it doesn't bother me anymore. I even turn on the subtitles now even with English language films. As for music, this is the ultimate proof that music is a "universal language". I don't understand one bit of the lyrics and yet I can feel the emotion of the show and sometimes can relate to it.
2. When I am stressed, I deal with it by writing. When we were writing our college thesis, I stopped in the middle of writing a pivotal section, grabbed some paper and a pen, wrote a poem in under 30 minutes and then went back to my thesis. I also was able to write a whole poem while attending a debut and I wrote it on a tissue.
3. I sleep with the blanket over my head. People are really weirded out by this. I once slept over at a friend's house and she woke up at the middle of the night and couldn't find me. I was under the covers. People wondered if I can breathe under it. I can and I actually find it harder to breathe if I am above the blanket. See, I am really weird. Even if it is the hottest day, I still sleep with a blanket. A pillow I can do without but not without a blanket. When I was little, I slept with 5 blankets all around me, all folded except for one that covered me. Now, I just have two: one, folded that used to be purple but now white, torn and thin and another one to cover me but the number of which depends if its winter (2-3) or summer (1). Yup, I bring the term "security blanket" to new heights.
4. I once ate 6 sunny-side up eggs at one time but I couldn't eat eggs for a long time after that. Add to my weird eating habits, I once ate steamed hotdog with catsup and calamansi. I brought a whole box of a medium size pizza inside the movie theater and ate it by myself. I can eat the same food for days straight, granted its new. I don't like tv dinners or any food that has "add hot water" on them. It has to pass through some kind of "real" heat.
5. I am a highly visual person but I cannot draw even if my life depended on it. Even my "stick man" looks pathetic. When I write short stories, I visualize the story in my head like as if I am reading a book before I actually write it down. I have cried too when visualizing that story. Often times, I already have a mental picture of my outfit for the day. It also helps with long drives. If I am not able to read, I let my mind wander away and I don't get bored.
6. I prefer to watch movies alone sometimes actually most of the time. It started in college when I only had one class and it was still too early to go home. If I was going to wait for my cousins to watch movies, there was a high probability that it wasn't going to happen so I decided to just watch movies by myself. Plus, it allows me to really concentrate on the movie. But I have a general rule that I follow: (1) I only watch at what I consider safe theaters; (2) I watch the first screening of the day; (3) I sit near the aisle; (4) I make sure that I am seated in a far enough distance from other moviegoers. I would bring snacks too. I have also watched 3 movies in 2 different theaters all in one day.
Camille, Kuya Patrick, Chrissie, Mina, Pen & Gail - TAG and you're it!!
"Each player of this game starts with 6 weird things about himself or herself. People who get tagged need to write a blog entry of their own as well as state the rule clearly. In the end, you need to tag 6 people as well and list their names. Don't forget to let them know they've been tagged!"
1. I listen to music that I don't understand the lyrics. I watch movies where I have to read the dialogue and stars whose names I cannot pronounce. It happened by accident and now I am so used to reading subtitles that it doesn't bother me anymore. I even turn on the subtitles now even with English language films. As for music, this is the ultimate proof that music is a "universal language". I don't understand one bit of the lyrics and yet I can feel the emotion of the show and sometimes can relate to it.
2. When I am stressed, I deal with it by writing. When we were writing our college thesis, I stopped in the middle of writing a pivotal section, grabbed some paper and a pen, wrote a poem in under 30 minutes and then went back to my thesis. I also was able to write a whole poem while attending a debut and I wrote it on a tissue.
3. I sleep with the blanket over my head. People are really weirded out by this. I once slept over at a friend's house and she woke up at the middle of the night and couldn't find me. I was under the covers. People wondered if I can breathe under it. I can and I actually find it harder to breathe if I am above the blanket. See, I am really weird. Even if it is the hottest day, I still sleep with a blanket. A pillow I can do without but not without a blanket. When I was little, I slept with 5 blankets all around me, all folded except for one that covered me. Now, I just have two: one, folded that used to be purple but now white, torn and thin and another one to cover me but the number of which depends if its winter (2-3) or summer (1). Yup, I bring the term "security blanket" to new heights.
4. I once ate 6 sunny-side up eggs at one time but I couldn't eat eggs for a long time after that. Add to my weird eating habits, I once ate steamed hotdog with catsup and calamansi. I brought a whole box of a medium size pizza inside the movie theater and ate it by myself. I can eat the same food for days straight, granted its new. I don't like tv dinners or any food that has "add hot water" on them. It has to pass through some kind of "real" heat.
5. I am a highly visual person but I cannot draw even if my life depended on it. Even my "stick man" looks pathetic. When I write short stories, I visualize the story in my head like as if I am reading a book before I actually write it down. I have cried too when visualizing that story. Often times, I already have a mental picture of my outfit for the day. It also helps with long drives. If I am not able to read, I let my mind wander away and I don't get bored.
6. I prefer to watch movies alone sometimes actually most of the time. It started in college when I only had one class and it was still too early to go home. If I was going to wait for my cousins to watch movies, there was a high probability that it wasn't going to happen so I decided to just watch movies by myself. Plus, it allows me to really concentrate on the movie. But I have a general rule that I follow: (1) I only watch at what I consider safe theaters; (2) I watch the first screening of the day; (3) I sit near the aisle; (4) I make sure that I am seated in a far enough distance from other moviegoers. I would bring snacks too. I have also watched 3 movies in 2 different theaters all in one day.
Camille, Kuya Patrick, Chrissie, Mina, Pen & Gail - TAG and you're it!!
5 comments:
weird nga. but they're "you" so in a way, it's not weird. :) out of the 6, i find the eating one (4) the weirdest.
will do mine soon. :)
awww thanks! cant wait for your answer LOL I have more weird stuff going in my life but I just cant seem to remember them LOL
http://fluffygirdlebiscuits.blogspot.com/2007/05/who-are-you-calling-weird.html
6, just six, weird things about myself. ;)
i can relate to your no. 1 and 3! i also sleep with a blanket over my head, but i never thought it was weird. :P
LOL! people raise their eyebrows at me about no.1 as for no.3 I never thought it was weird until people started pointing it out LOL
Post a Comment