I think I am a lot like Papa more than I would want to admit. Both of us can be stubborn, headstrong, opinionated that we most often than not clash. But our "clashes" have always been with respect and a good sense of maturity. Sure, his way of thinking annoys and irritates me sometimes but I don't think its any different with what he thinks and feels about my own way of thinking. Our likeness may be the reason of some of our conflicts but more than that I think it is also the reason why we both understand and respect each other. I think I have reached the age that Papa takes a step back and allows me to do things as I see fit. Agree with it or not, he gives me that freedom to be able to come to my own decisions, act on my convictions and learn from my mistakes. Sure, he along with Mama would want to protect and shield me as much as they can but they also both realize that there are some instances that they have to loosen the string that connects me to them and let me wander and explore life as it comes to me. This is one thing, among others that I am truly grateful.

No comments:
Post a Comment