Friday, November 16, 2007

updates...updates


Happy Birthday to my big, little brother!!











~ * ~
I really have to do something with my sleeping pattern. Its been crazy for the past few days. I get that I am trying to gain back the little sleep I have had the past few weeks but really what or how I am doing it now isn't helping much. I wake up early (between 430-5 AM) to go to work then when I get home at around 5 or 530, if its not a gym day, I plop down my bed and takes a power nap which isn't really a power nap since I end up waking up at 9 or 10 then I have dinner. Then because I slept I am not able to sleep now at the time I am supposed to, ending up sleeping around 12 or 1. Then the cycle continues. I think I should stop myself from plopping down my bed when I get home and do something else instead, no matter how sleepy I am. That should bring my sleeping pattern to what is normal at least.

~ * ~

Who says a girl cant buy herself flowers? I did last Saturday when B and I went to the Flower District to buy the flowers for the centerpieces. I got a bunch of sunflowers. The sunflowers were big and yellow and just so beautiful and radiant like the sunshine. But, alas in my hurry I forgot it at the house where we made the centerpieces. I left it too without taking a photo of it first. Oh well on my next trip I will buy myself again and take a picture of it this time.

~ * ~

I am obsessed with food blogs lately. I have been reading a lot of them. Some of my faves are : Burnt Lumpia, Wandering Chopsticks, Monster Munching, I Can Do That, Maybahay and One Wall Kitchen. They've opened my eyes to new cuisines, new restaurants and new recipes that I cannot wait to try. Burnt Lumpia, Wandering Chopsticks and Monster Munching have listed restaurants in the L.A. and OC area which are so close to me. I have tried one that I read about from Wandering Chopsticks - KyoChon. Its Korean Style Fried Chicken which is out of this world delicious. Will make a review of it soon. I've seen recipes that I cannot wait to try. Reading through their blogs is making me miss baking and cooking so much. Contrary to what people think, I do know how to cook and bake. I just haven't done it in a long time. Maybe when I have my own kitchen. I actually will trade a big bedroom for a big and state-of-the-art kitchen. The only other thing I care about in a house other than the kitchen is a big, organized walk-in closet. Give me a big kitchen and big closet and I will be a happy girl.

~ * ~

Is it really difficult to find a bank or its just me? I have these printed out papers in front of me comparing the many different accounts and different banks. I have narrowed it down to the three that are the most accessible to me. Am I over thinking this? Choosing a bank is a big thing for me, its my money after all. But must it be this complicated or am I just making it one? hahaha If I were back home, I don't think it will be such a predicament. Papa is there to help me through it. He used to work in a bank. My godfather works in a bank too so its not as such a big thing as it is to me now. back home it would just either be my dad's former bank or my godfather's bank or other bank whose manager my dad will surely know. This time around, I don't have Papa to help me through it so I have to choose wisely. Its such a grown-up thing to do. *sigh*

~ * ~

You are all probably wondering what ever happened to the event that I have been posting a lot about. The cause of my stress and anxiety - the An Maglipayon Coronation Night last November 10. Well, it went well. It was very successful based on the compliments that I have gotten from people. All the hard work sure paid off. It wasn't perfect, and I wasn't expecting it to be or nor wanted it to be, but it went smoothly. The candidates and the officers got to eat which don't usually happen with all the things going on. The AVPs, projector worked well. People liked the program because it was short and classy. I had to give a lot of time to dancing. It is a dinner-dance after all. The centerpieces were simple and elegant. My "problem" candidate came on time. It took her a long time to dress up thus delaying the coronation segment but whatever I let her be. I wasn't going to let that little detail ruin everything. She was cooperative for a change which is all I wanted. Everyone seemed to have a good time. The DJ was good. The dance floor was hardly empty which was my goal. The food was superb. The dessert-cheesecake was so good. Everything is still a blur to me and it may seem like I wasn't satisfied with it which is so far from the truth but I have a slight problem with "tooting my own horn", "magbitbit ng sariling bangko". People have been praising me about it and I don't mean to sound like an ingrate but I have difficulty handling compliments because it wasn't like it was all me. People, a lot of people helped and I feel taking the credit means taking the credit away from other people. They have told me that sure people helped and cooperated but it was me at the helm of it so I really do deserve the praise but I don't know I am just iffy with it. I guess it still needs some getting used to.

No comments: