Thursday, November 15, 2007

Silenced



I was humbled and silenced by my almost 3 year old niece last night. Ali is going to turn 3 this December but she continues to amaze all of us with what she knows and what she says. I haven't seen her much lately so I was pleasantly surprised to see her last night at my aunt's house. She has gotten chubbier from the last time. This picture was taken a few months ago. She has gotten taller and chubbier but still as adorable as ever. So going back to last night, her dad asked me to help her with her shoes, I was about to only to be told by Ali, "I can do it myself." In those exact words. Okay, I just watched her put them on. But then that wasn't it, as she was leaving and I couldn't help myself, I hugged her so tight and told her dad that she looked like she was inflated. "No." was Ali's quick reply. "You only inflate balloons." *thud* that was me falling off from wherever I sat. How did a three year old know what inflate mean and to associate that with balloons? Beats me! All the "adults" in the house were speechless. We were all silenced by this little girl who is not even three yet. I cant imagine, actually don't want to imagine what else are we going to hear from her as she gets older. But I do know one thing, I don't think this will be the last time I will be left speechless by this adorable little girl.

No comments: