Thursday, December 06, 2007

Feed the Hungry

FreeRice.Com

I got this from Gail. Who knew that by improving your vocabulary you will be able to help feed the hungry in the world. Each time you get a right answer, the site donates 20 grains of rice to the needy. For each right answer, the site also automatically adjusts your vocabulary level. So far my best level is 35 and I have donated 14140 grains of rice.

Its actually a fun thing to do and it helps broaden my vocabulary. Some of my guesses were actually right. Well, not really big time guesses because I know I have encountered those words before but just cant seem to remember them since these are the kinds that I don't use on a regular basis. I am thankful to my parents insistence and support for reading which proved quite useful to me now.

2 comments:

Gail T. said...

kakaadik ano ate rai? grabe, you have donated 14,140 already?! ako 10,400 pa lang. do you notice that the words come up again? parang freebie, that is if you learned the first time its correct meaning. haha. sometimes, i get them wrong again by choosing the same wrong choice. haha. :D i'm trying to get to the 48-50 vocab level ranges (just because the faq says scores up that high are a bit rare. haha) my best is 45 and i'm on 42 right now. kaka-adik talaga... so i'm sharing it with everybody lol

raissa said...

Grabe! kaka-adik nga. I did notice that the words come up often and for some strange reason I still get it wrong the second time hahah bungaw not paying attention. oh wow taas na ng level. my incorrect answers bring it down kasi boo. I am going to do it again and see hahah well I have challenged myself and helped pa so everyone wins