Monday, January 21, 2008

Gratitude

Today I am very grateful...

for...

Vonage
Owtel
Text-message
UPS
my cousin, Dulce's internet cafe'
close proximity of internet cafe' to Tito Uyen's office

to...

my family for being so calm when I thought I was going to have an almost nervous breakdown due to my own carelessness. Okay, it wasnt almost because I was already in the initial stages of crying having gone through cursing.

my parents when in spite of being in the middle of something: Mama sitting on a dentist's chair and Papa in a meeting - were telling me that it will be done and there is still time.

my sister, Camille, for being a voice of reason when I was in the midst of panic. And also for doing what needs to be done right away. That was some record speed.

1:35PM (MLA) - I called in a panic and in tears
sometime around 2PM (MLA) - Camille called to double check documents were right.
3:47PM (MLA) - Documents signed and ready for mailing

my cousin, Dulce, for helping out Camille make sure that the document gets out by 5PM (Manila time) so I can get in ASAP.

Tita Nene and Tito Uyen for being in the office. I know that in the Philippines, it pays to have relatives with connections but even better is relatives with connections who are generous, kind and accommodating.

GOD, for making me check those papers and realizing the small but very important mistake this early so it can be rectified right away.

They pulled me back to sanity when I was about to lose it. *sigh* I have never been this grateful.

2 comments:

Gail T. said...

whoa. what happened? I hope everything turned out alright.

raissa said...

hay I had a deadline to beat and a lot of things are depending on it so I really panicked. I am just so glad it turned out alright. Submitted the documents today. *sigh*