Thursday, January 24, 2008

Caught

I thought I was able to escape it. I thought I was pretty immune to it. Well, I thought wrong because the flu bug has caught me and I am not liking it one bit.

It started with sneezing which I contributed to allergies because of the high winds that we have been having, that was Sunday. Then Monday, I had this bad, dry cough which made me literally a mute at work. The next day, I nonchalantly asked one of the MAs to get my temperature and it came out 99.9. Okay, I have a slight fever. I took some meds and hoping it would go away. Later that afternoon it went down to 98.0. Okay, great. The next day, I still went to work but I was heavily congested and my cough has became worse. It didn't help that its been raining so its been very cold. I already asked to be off Thursday because I had to go somewhere but after work I told my boss that I am just going to take the rest of the week off.

So here I am..at home..trying to stay warm in this cold weather and dealing with it as much as I can. Last night made me think how extremely fortunate I would have been had I been home. For sure, my mom would be awake every 6 hours to check my temperature, my meds ready for me to just take, my food, warm and ready. But nope, my reality is.. I had to prepare the ice cold face towel to be put on my forehead as I battle with dizziness. I get up and chill it again as soon as it starts warming up. I have to put my medicine and my water within arm's reach. If I want to eat, I would have to warm it myself. I cannot and should not expect my aunts and uncle to cater to me. So I just contend myself with calling my mom. Hearing her voice is comforting enough. I don't call Papa because he would probably feel all sorry for me and start crying so no LOL. That happened before when I sent them a text that I was down with a flu. Probably four years ago and in less than a minute the phone rang. It was them calling overseas and not long Papa and Mama started crying.

I don't like being sick but I guess this is really my body's way of saying to take a rest so I am doing it. All I have been doing is sleep, eat and watch tv. I hope this flu bug goes away soon.

No comments: