Friday, February 08, 2008

Reel 1; Frames 1-3

Up until last night, I didn't have anything to wear yet for my niece's debut that is 10 days away (9 days now). I have shoes but no dress. When I got the shoes, I knew that I would be building my outfit from shoes up once again. I did have an idea what the look is in mind and where to get the dress. It was just the matter of getting it. So, finally last night, I went to get the dress and I got one more blouse in its wake. *sigh*. I am happy with how the look will turn out. If only hair and make-up will come that easy.

I knew I wasn't going to wear a long dress because I might be assigned to do something that a long length dress would be cumbersome. I was right. I already have an assignment which would pretty much require me to be all over the place. I just hope my shoes with its slim heels will be able to support me. If not, there's always good old flats as back up.

But, yikes, I don't have my wish ready. I am one of the 18 candles and I must prepare a wish or greeting for her. I don't have a clue what I am going to say.

**********
A funny, weird thing happened last night while having dinner. Its another testament as to how this world is really getting smaller by the minute. My cousin B and I met up after I did my errands to have dinner. We were on the fence whether we were going to have shabu-shabu or once again go to Gerry's Grill. The other restaurant, SweeteeThai was out of the equation since I wasn't feeling Thai food that night. We were still debating where to go and just decided when we were already within the complex. Gerry's Grill and the shabu-shabu place are just right next to each other. We picked Gerry's Grill and it turned out to be a good choice. The food was once again amazing. We got the grilled pusit (again!) and grilled tuna steak. As always, the grilled pusit/squid was good. But the tuna steak was great. It was grilled right, juicy, moist, flaky and full of flavor. No wonder this is one of their bestsellers and gets out of stock right away. Anyway, going back to why this is really a small world. First off when I told the guy in the front of my reservation, he looked familiar. He goes to the same church as I do and he went to the same elementary school s my cousins. The usual person at the concierge/front desk, a girl turned out to be our server. As we were looking at the menu, I saw my aunt's brother-in-law and said our hellos. Then as if that wasn't enough, the table right behind us included someone I haven't seen in probably two years..JP, who is, okay brace yourselves, the boyfriend of my brother's friend, Cat. I tried to get his attention, we after all were facing each other, to no avail. So I tried calling his phone which he didn't answer in my plain view. In his defense, I bet he was wondering why I would be calling plus he had company. So I sent him a text, asking "busog ka na?". I think he finally realized that either I have cameras at Gerry's Grill or I was in the same place. Finally, he looked around and saw me. That was a laugh trip plus embarrassing when he introduced me to his sister and his sister took our picture to show to Cat. We were standing in the middle of the dining area and our photos being taken. So we chatted a bit and found out that it was his birthday and they went there to celebrate. Good timing. Since they were there before us, naturally they left early. Then it was B's turn. She knew someone who is related to the executive chef so now B and Sheryl have formally been introduced. All Sheryl knew about B was that she (B) would always request for a sauce. Now, there's a name behind that request. We were the last diners to leave. It seems that we are starting to get cozy there. The staff didn't seem to mind but we cannot abuse our welcome.

**********
I knew I left a more than generous tip to Elaine last night. Well, she deserved it and yes I will admit I sort of have an ulterior motive. Elaine will go back to being at the front desk at some point and who knows it might score us a table quickly. But more than that, I pride myself for being a good tipper. If the service and the food merited it, why not give it. See, if the food and service sucked, naturally I wont be going back hence I couldn't care less if I left a tip or not at all. But, if I do have plans of going back, I will leave a good tip the first time so that the next time I go, I will be given the same kind of service if not a better one. Besides, I think servers take so much crap from people more than they deserve and I commend them for having the patience and the stomach to take all that in. I really felt for them after reading a waiter's blog - WaiterRant. It doesn't hurt to see the other side, be more sensitive and nice to your servers. They bring to you your food for goodness sakes. I want my food to come to me as it originally should be, with no added seasoning that are not supposed to be there. Being nice is my insurance to getting what I am supposed to get. I hope.

No comments: