Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Three hours later..

the biography was done and so was the layout of the program for Kat's debut. It took me almost 3 hours..geez. It shouldn't have taken that long but then again it wasn't as if I didn't have any distractions. Kat was asking for my help with her homework as I was writing the bio. What was the homework? Oh making a sentence using the vocabulary words assigned to her. Nice! I was having difficulty putting the words into her bio and I was coming up with sentences for her at almost the same time. But important is I am done with the bio. I made true to my word that I have to be done with it by last night..well okay past midnight since it was already past 1 AM when I wrote the last sentence. I will read it again today and edit if it needs editing. Knowing myself, I will find something to edit. I am that critical of my own writing to a point of getting a red pen sometimes to check it. I was too tired and sleepy to really check my satisfaction level of what I wrote. I have to read it aloud to hear the tone of voice, if its pleasing to my ears. I have to double check the tenses, grammar. *sigh* It turned out my aunt can wait until tomorrow to bring it to the printers. She just needed to know how many pages there will be so she can ask for a quote from the printers. So I have all of today to double check everything.

Biography..done

Next on my agenda is the script to introduce the members of the court. This one has to be ready by tonight as well so they can time their entrance during tomorrow's practice. *sigh* This is easier to do since I will just be writing into paragraph forms and summarizing the bios that the members of the court already wrote. I just have to reduce the information to the simplest and most basic. It shouldn't be like a book since there are other parts of the program.

Court introduction..in progress

Another item on my agenda is the timeline of the whole event - from the moment Kat has to wake up to the end of it has to be carefully timed so that no time is wasted. With the program done, this is easier to do. I have started it and I have the skeleton so it just needs to be filled. The checklist will fall under here as well.

Timeline....in progress

I still have to write my message since I am one of the candles. Knowing my other aunts and my cousins and my sister, they will most likely come to me for their messages too. It shouldn't be so hard since we are limiting it to 1 minute per person. How to make each of the messages unique and original is the hard part. *sigh*

Messages .... to be started

I also have to make the ribbons for the chair covers. 250 of them but then May 26 is a holiday and I think I can make all of it in one day with less distractions that is. If there will be, then maximum of 2 days for all of it.

Dress has been picked out but needs alteration. Shoes is still undecided but that's not too hard.

Okay..looks like I am in good form for this. But then again this is only for the event on May 31. Not to count the other debut on June 7 of my boss' daughter. Well, with this one I just need to have my dress fixed and altered and shoes to decide. The other aspects are being taken cared of already. Just a little help in coordination here and there. Nothing major.

Next is the Sto. NiƱo fiesta on June 14. I will see an overlap of activities on the last week of this month with debut preps and finalizing fiesta plans plus printing of souvenir program plus preparation of costumes for the Agta Festival project for the same day and also choir practice. *sigh* My days are so full that I don't have any sense of space and time anymore. This will all dwindle down after June 14...I hope.

I am not complaining, not all. I am actually enjoying all these flurry of activities albeit bordering on exhaustion. I am learning a lot about myself..about other people. Its fun because these are not forced upon me but what I want to do.

No comments: