There is nothing better but to end a meal with delicious dessert. But sometimes, we are too full to have dessert right after the meal. Another option is taking it home and sharing it with other people. This is how I view pasalubongs. I love pasalubongs.
After sating ourselves with the food secrets of Tacloban shared with us by Anton of Our Awesome Planet, he takes us on a sweet journey of the desserts that we have grown up with. His post about Leyte Pasalubong is enough to make my mouth water. Good thing, my relatives just came back so at least I am able to satisfy my craving.
I like my binagol warm and I turn it upside down so I go to the sweet part first before everything else. Or sometimes I eat all the "talyan" part first and save the sweet part with peanuts last much like how some people save the skin of the chicken for later. I didn't use to like moron when I was a kid. They just looked odd to me but after having my first taste of it, I have grown to love it. But I still love binagol more.
But the best dessert of all is the pastillas from Carigara and nothing else. Much like how my cousins and I are such leche flan snobs because we will only eat leche flan made by our family, I am the same way with my pastillas. It has to come from Carigara and nowhere else. All other pastillas just pale in comparison. I have been able to finish a pack by myself. Its one of those things that one or two or three is never enough. Before you know it, you have consumed an entire pack of 100 I believe. I also hoard it when my parents would send me. That's how much I love it. Papa only gets the pastillas from two suppliers in Carigara which escapes me at this point. They have retained the quality of the pastillas since its beginning. It is made from pure carabao milk not camouflaged with sugar or what have you. Others are lumpy and made of condensed milk. These are smooth and they have a snap to it. Its not melt in your mouth goodness but heaven in every chew kind of way. Each chew is a sensation that makes you want to discover it more and more. Yes, its THAT good!
After sating ourselves with the food secrets of Tacloban shared with us by Anton of Our Awesome Planet, he takes us on a sweet journey of the desserts that we have grown up with. His post about Leyte Pasalubong is enough to make my mouth water. Good thing, my relatives just came back so at least I am able to satisfy my craving.
I like my binagol warm and I turn it upside down so I go to the sweet part first before everything else. Or sometimes I eat all the "talyan" part first and save the sweet part with peanuts last much like how some people save the skin of the chicken for later. I didn't use to like moron when I was a kid. They just looked odd to me but after having my first taste of it, I have grown to love it. But I still love binagol more.
But the best dessert of all is the pastillas from Carigara and nothing else. Much like how my cousins and I are such leche flan snobs because we will only eat leche flan made by our family, I am the same way with my pastillas. It has to come from Carigara and nowhere else. All other pastillas just pale in comparison. I have been able to finish a pack by myself. Its one of those things that one or two or three is never enough. Before you know it, you have consumed an entire pack of 100 I believe. I also hoard it when my parents would send me. That's how much I love it. Papa only gets the pastillas from two suppliers in Carigara which escapes me at this point. They have retained the quality of the pastillas since its beginning. It is made from pure carabao milk not camouflaged with sugar or what have you. Others are lumpy and made of condensed milk. These are smooth and they have a snap to it. Its not melt in your mouth goodness but heaven in every chew kind of way. Each chew is a sensation that makes you want to discover it more and more. Yes, its THAT good!
No comments:
Post a Comment