Friday, July 25, 2008

The "last lecture" its not

Prof. Randy Pausch may have lost his battle with cancer Friday but I think, no I believe his legacy will live on. I know his speech has resonated so much with me that one of which has become almost like my mantra. It was about the "brickwall" that its there to test how much we want something. When I meet obstacles and challenges along my way, I think about what he said and it changes my perspective. Instead of being "defeated" by the obstacles, they become my motivation to survive through it. If after doing everything I can and yet the result is still the same so its either I don't want it badly enough or its really not for me. Which ever it is at least I know I did what I could and tried my best.

I cried upon hearing the speech that he did at Carnegie-Mellon. I cried and yet was inspired by everything he said. His topics were simple, practical and most of all things or aspects about life that made him happy or his source of happiness. His lecture was not meant for the whole worlds but for his three young children who after today will only have memories of him. But boy what memories those are. His last lecture will linger on in the hearts of those who were touched by him. But most of all his lecture will linger in the hearts of those who really knew him. Those who will be given the task and the responsibility to let his children know what a good man their father was for giving not only them this amazing gift but everyone else who were able to listen to him speak and whose lives were touched by him.

No comments: