Tuesday, August 19, 2008

And it has started..

After Michael Phelps won 8 gold medals in Beijing, the most by an athlete in a single Olympic Games, I knew that he will on the cover of every magazine imaginable. I knew it and was bracing myself for it. I was already making a mental list of which magazine I think he will gracing the cover of - Sports Illustrated, TIME, Newsweek and these are the ones I know and read on a regular basis, not counting the other publications. True enough it has started even when the Olympics is still on its 2nd week and the closing is not until the 24th.

The cover is reminiscent of a Mark Spitz cover back in 1972. The rest of the story can be read here. The magazine will be out on Wednesday.

I dont think its in the magazine but this photo is just so cool.

No comments: