The Indians have their sari. The Chinese have the cheongsam. The Vietnamese have the ao dai...Koreans the hanbok and Japanese the kimono. I think its about time that the Filipiniana be updated a little bit and look more modern so that more and more Filipinas will be inclined to wear it outside of formal events or worse as costumes when its a Filipiniana themed event.
A couple of friends and I have discussed how essential and important it is that every Filipina should have a terno in their closet. It is not only the perfect "go-to" dress for formal events but its a representation of who and what we are, something that we should be proud of. The terno is for the formal ones. There should also be choices when its more casual events, even day to day wear. I saw a host of a show on TFC once that she had this greenish Maria Clara type bolero jacket paired with a white tank top and jeans and it looked so cool. This is what I am talking about. We wear a certain clothing that is representative of us being Filipinas and still keep it modern and fresh and not look like we are going to some party. There have been innovations to the Barong why not do the same thing for the Filipiniana.
A couple of friends and I have discussed how essential and important it is that every Filipina should have a terno in their closet. It is not only the perfect "go-to" dress for formal events but its a representation of who and what we are, something that we should be proud of. The terno is for the formal ones. There should also be choices when its more casual events, even day to day wear. I saw a host of a show on TFC once that she had this greenish Maria Clara type bolero jacket paired with a white tank top and jeans and it looked so cool. This is what I am talking about. We wear a certain clothing that is representative of us being Filipinas and still keep it modern and fresh and not look like we are going to some party. There have been innovations to the Barong why not do the same thing for the Filipiniana.
No comments:
Post a Comment