Friday, October 31, 2008

This takes the cake!

I have always had weird dreams

.....my friends and I in Grecian attire standing on an infinity pool, with pillars behind us looking at an orange sun that wont set.

..... me with someone walking around a park and in an instant two knife-wielding guys were running after us making the two if us run for our lives all around the park even jumping over fences.

.... me walking along a corridor when it suddenly became flooded and my red shoes being taken away by the current into a storm drain but I caught it in time.

But this morning I think I had a dream that takes the cake for being the most weird of the bunch.

It looked like I was in a corner table at some restaurant, wooden or bamboo was the material. The table had those plastic floral table covers I used to see in carinderias. Anyway, I was with 2 other women. One I know, the other one didn't look at all familiar to me. But what the heck we shared the table. It looked like we were drinking. Of all drinks, we were drinking gin and of all brands this is what we were drinking. We were drinking a lot but we didn't seem to get drunk. Then next thing I know I looked at my glass and the thing turned brown. Then someone told me to shake my glass and it will be clear again. So I did and it did turn clear. So now each time I take a sip, I shake it first so it will be clear. I did that a couple of times but then this time when I shook it and it became clear I saw a baby octopus and a stuffed toy catfish in the bottom of my glass. (See I told you its weird.) Then my companions said to go ahead and eat the octopus. Its like the worm at the bottom of the tequila bottle. There was no way I was going to eat the toy so I got a fork and was about to poke the octopus to eat it. Then all of a sudden I heard a sound from my right - one of my companions, the one I know was slumped over what looked like a cabinet. I tried waking her up but she was too drunk and she had passed out.

Then I woke up to the sound of rain. The first in California for the season.

This dream was just beyond weird. I don't drink gin, don't think I ever had and the brand...of all brands. The octopus? The little stuffed toy catfish, if I am not mistaken it was colored purple?

I wonder what its trying to tell me.

No comments: