Monday, September 13, 2004

Gibbers

Since the name of my blog is "from the top of my head", I might as well post these thoughts that at one point in time crossed my mind in the most peculiar time and place. I have moments like these and happens a lot of times that is why it is imperative that I always carry along with me a pen and a paper. I have to be prepared when inspiration strikes! It is quite a list already and it is still a work in progress. So here goes:
  • A slap is the biggest insult a human being can give another.
  • I cannot expect someone to make me happy if I don’t know what will make me happy.
  • I should be happy first before I can expect people to make me happy.
  • My sense of self-worth will not and should not come from other people. It should come from within me.
  • The only person who can give me validation is ME.
  • If I want people to like me, I MUST like me first.
  • If you want people to open up to you, do the same thing.
  • I believe that we start to live LIFE once we become comfortable in our own skin.
  • I am more scared of people whose one big positive trait is that they are “very nice”. I believe that it’s scarier when “nice” people become bad than those that have been labeled as “bad”.
  • A relationship is about two individuals becoming one rather than two halves trying to become ONE.
  • My Social Psychology teacher was right, in any attraction it is in the “ATTRACTED” and not the “ATTRACTEE”. We are drawn to another human being not because of who or what they are but rather what emotion they evoke in us.
  • Value one’s independence and expect the people around you to do the same.
  • Never look down when talking to a child. Go down to his or her eye level or bring the child up to yours. It may not make a difference now but it will in the future.
  • Insecurity is the cause of the doom and demise of any relationship.
  • The choices that we make may not make sense to other people, but if it makes sense to us then it is the RIGHT CHOICE.
  • A person is defined by what he or she holds important in his or her life.
  • Humor is not about laughing at the expense of other people, but being able to laugh at our own expense.
  • People have different definitions of love, peace, happiness and success, who are we to question and judge that.
  • Sometimes in our search of that one BIG thing, we forget the little things we encounter along the way which turns out to be the MOST IMPORTANT things.
  • In life, the journey towards a destination is of equal importance as to the destination itself.
  • Life isn’t about how we lived it but how we made use of it.
  • Life is not a sprint but a marathon.· People do not fall in or out of love. People decide to love.
  • Relationships are partnerships not corporations.
  • Leashes are for pets not for people. No matter how thick of a leash we put on someone, if they are going to stray, they are going to stray.
  • People should not be in relationships out of obligation, need or pity.
  • Lack of communication is the start of the death of a relationship.
  • Death of relationships do not just happen, we allowed it to happen.
  • Neglecting one’s self is neglecting others too.
  • You hear with your ear but you listen with your heart.
  • Nothing is sexier than a good pair of great fitting jeans.
  • Regrets are not likely when one makes a decision wisely.
  • Sometimes the love of our life is not in our life.
  • I have no idea where I am headed but I know what I am running away from.
  • Focus on the things in our life that we have and not on those that we lack and we realize that we have so much to be thankful for.
  • The greatest gifts parents can give their children are roots and wings.
  • The brain is above the heart not only because it is anatomically pretty but because it makes sense out of what the heart dictates.
  • I will worry about the things I can control and change rather than waste my time and effort on the things that I cannot.

No comments: