Aside from blogging, I also visit forums. There is one forum that I go to consists of people from my city. There is a wide variety of topics that is being discussed there. Anyway, I went there today and of course like everywhere the heated discussion is about GMA. I state my opinions and all. The gist of my post was I think everyone is highly emotional about the whole thing with valid reasons but I think nothing will be accomplished if we use our heart to decide and not our heads. There is a reason why the brain is above the heart. I am not particularly amused with the recent turn of events as well but this is the time that the next step should require much needed thought. This is not the time to be hasty though I know that this needs to be dealt with the soonest possible time. "Haste goes to waste" like they say. Then there was a post right after mine which to me was short of a challenge. It seemed that I may have hit a raw nerve in that poster that he or she shot back with a statement that didn't particularly sound good to my ears. He or she stated that "instead of spewing at a passive screen, I should ask if I have done something about it!" That statement though may not have been directed at me but felt like it was and it hit a raw nerve in me as well. But regardless if it was directed at me or not, whatever happened to respecting the opinions of others. So I replied that I indeed have done something about it and that was... never thinking that my vote would be a waste if I didn't vote for the most likely winner. I didn't vote for Erap nor did I vote for GMA. Plus if I do not find any candidate worthy of my vote in any position, I abstain from writing any name regardless if a candidate is a relative or not. Our parents gave my siblings and I the freedom to vote for whoever we want to. Papa nor Mama never told us to vote for anyone. Our ballot was our own. Now that I have settled and calmed down, it is actually laughable that I even gave this so much thought, time and energy. I contradicted my very own statement about not thinking with my heart but with my mind. That was a "lapse of judgment" (no pun intended) on my part. After this I am going back to lurkdom for the time being. It may seem that I am evading but I cannot promise to be sensible all the time and I am not sure if this is worth my blood pressure shooting up. Or next time I should really just laugh it off.
No comments:
Post a Comment