I have been tagged by Diane some time ago but it is only now that I get to answer this. Sorry, Diane.
If I could be in one place right now - I would like to be back in Tacloban with my family and friends. It's been 7 years since I last saw any of my friends. Some I have known since first grade, a few even since kindergarten until now. If I were in Tacloban, I can spend a whole day doing nothing. I know it may sound like a waste of time but I have not have that chance for the past 7 years. People need to regroup and re-energize every so often. It seems that no matter how many vacations I take to places I could only dream of, nothing compares doing all that at home. Everything is accessible in Tacloban. If I wake up one morning and felt like going to the beach, its easy. The beach is 5 minutes away. If I felt like eating all the seafoods to my heart's delight, I can have it. I can watch tv all day, nap when I want to, meet up with my friends without checking if my schedule will allow it. Most of all, I want to sleep in my bed, have late night conversations with my parents and siblings, have late night runs for barbecue with them and just be in their company. Nothing beats being with family and friends.
If I could give something of myself to my family & friends in Tacloban - that would be my undivided attention when they need to talk to me; being accessible to listen to them whenever they need me without worrying how much the text message or call would cost. Knowing that I am just a call away, being in the same area code makes all the difference. Most of all being able to give them a hug when they need it and when I want to.
If I could take some people somewhere - it would be to the Philippines. No matter what the political situation may be, it is still home no matter what. There are so many things that the Philippines can offer in terms of nature, culture, food and people. We have so many tourist destinations and untapped resources which I only came to know and appreciate while being away. I would like to explore that and make it more fun by bringing people along.
If I could make one dream come true - whatever it is that every Filipino dreams of right now, not the personal ones but the one that will free all of us from whatever turmoil the entire country is in at this point. By the looks of things, to dream and hope is all we have at this point to stay sane.
If I could do real magic - that is to educate all people that we as people have our responsibilities within ourselves in the outcome of our lives and that of others. People has to realize that we are interconnected somehow and whatever we do personally has an effect on the bigger scope of things. I think its an illness of the world to always resort to blaming others with their own misfortune rather than taking responsibility for making those decisions that affected one's life.
I invite anyone to feel free to have their own versions of "If I could..."
No comments:
Post a Comment