Monday, July 18, 2005

Bad news/Good news

@#$%^&*()!@#$%^&*()

I accidentally dropped my Sony Cybershot digital camera (what was I thinking? The wrist strap isn't there for nothing!). The lens is stuck and wont retract. I called the Customer Service Center and someone who sounded Filipina answered my call. She was very helpful. She tried to help me by suggesting that pressing the "reset" button might solve the problem. (Nope) So she gave me the necessary things that I need to write when I send the camera for repair. I am sending this camera first thing when I get to work. She told me that since the repair center is closed being that it happened at 12:50 AM so she wont be able to give me a work order which I would need before I can send the camera to Texas. She told me to call the Customer Service again or better yet get the work order through their website. I am still within the period stipulated in the Limited Warranty but they will let me know once the repair center gets my camera if the problem is within the warranty or not. If it is within, then it is free of charge but if not, she also told me that I might be charged, which I do not mind as long this camera gets fixed. It is still pretty new. I hope it is within the warranty. But who knows! Doesn't matter to me though, just want this fixed eventhough this is another dent in my bank account in these times that I am trying to stick to a budget. I hate it when my mind is set into not spending on miscellaneous things and this happens. Argh!

No comments: