Saturday, July 23, 2005

With time to spare

Evi
wondered what I do on days, though none existent at this point in time, that I find my schedule free of anything. I am actually yearning for days like those but so far it has been elusive. :sigh: Come to think of it what would I being doing on days like those....

What are the things you enjoy, even when no one around you wants to go out?
- watch movies. Back in college, with nothing to do and with a free schedule, I would watch movies by myself at the theaters. I have not done that lately.
- if I don't go to the theater, I watch movies or tv shows at home. Lately, I have been into watching Asian films and Korean dramas.
- go online; read blogs, check my mails, chat with who among my family and friends are online, search just about anything that I can think of
- listen to music, my current favorite is
Hale. I love the entire album but my most favorite is the song "Runaway"
- read. I pretty much have a new book every week. I finished
"
Can You Keep A Secret" by Sophie Kinsella in one night so it is important that I have a steady supply of books. I am waiting for all my Summit books to arrive. I read a lot of self-help/psychology books as well.
- write poems
- call my family and friends

What are the things you do to lower your stress or anxiety level?
- poetry writing has been effective to me. In the middle of thesis writing, I actually wrote a poem and felt energized and focused after that. I guess I am not stressed out lately since I haven't written in awhile. Either that or I am lacking in inspiration.
- ranting into my journal -- online and on paper. Once I have let it out, I feel so much better.
- retail therapy or most of the time window shopping
- oddly enough spending time with my cousins but we haven't been able to do that lately since we all have our own thing going on
- going for a facial & hair appointment. I usually schedule them all in one day. I have to have a whole day of pampering myself
- daydream or visualize
- I find my own little, quiet corner and meditate

FILMS YOU WATCH
What are the five films that you watched a lot and meant a lot to you?
I watched Bride & Prejudice a lot the past couple of days. I can't just pick 5 films because usually it's certain scenes or certain situations in these films that I liked or that has meaning to me. But Bride & Prejudice has a lot of elements that I can relate to.

I wonder what Diwata, Abster, Gail, Patrick, Jeff, Jove, Angeni & Mina do when they find themselves with time to spare.

No comments: