I was so sad to read in the news that Raul Roco has died of prostate cancer. He was one man that I thought would have made a big difference in the country's state had he been given the chance. I voted for him the moment I was eligible to vote whether it was for a Senate seat or for the Presidency. I never once felt that my vote for him would be a waste, as some people have told me when they learned that I was voting for him. I believe that Raul Roco was one of the few men and women who genuinely cared about what was going in the country and had a vision to make it better. But like everyone else who actually HAVE the genuine desire to alleviate the state of the Philippines, they are not given the chance, in favor of those people who are just milking the country's resources for their own personal gains. The Philippines has a lost a great man in Raul Roco.
* * * * *
I guess my previous post pretty much summed my "emo" moment which every woman can relate to when it is the "time of the month". I don't want to use it as an excuse each time I am feeling cranky, sad, angry or what-have-you, but sometimes I don't know how to explain it myself why I am feeling that way. This is why after writing the post, I probably had "writer's remorse". I felt bad that my dad may have been depicted as an "uncaring dad" when it is farther from the truth. I felt bad that it seemed like I am not in good terms with Papa, which again is farther from the truth. My sister, Camille asked me what Papa and I disagreed upon this time. I use disagree not argue since I never argue with him or with any of my family members. Argument for me is almost like fighting. I do not fight with my dad. We just have differences in opinions. I guess I have set aside these emotions for sometime and all I needed was something to trigger this outpouring of thoughts. I feel better that it is now out of my system. Let me just make one thing straight, Papa and Mama though they may not agree with everything that my siblings and I do, their unwavering support IS and WILL always be there.
* * * * *
Now on to not so heavy stuff.....
* * * * *
I guess my previous post pretty much summed my "emo" moment which every woman can relate to when it is the "time of the month". I don't want to use it as an excuse each time I am feeling cranky, sad, angry or what-have-you, but sometimes I don't know how to explain it myself why I am feeling that way. This is why after writing the post, I probably had "writer's remorse". I felt bad that my dad may have been depicted as an "uncaring dad" when it is farther from the truth. I felt bad that it seemed like I am not in good terms with Papa, which again is farther from the truth. My sister, Camille asked me what Papa and I disagreed upon this time. I use disagree not argue since I never argue with him or with any of my family members. Argument for me is almost like fighting. I do not fight with my dad. We just have differences in opinions. I guess I have set aside these emotions for sometime and all I needed was something to trigger this outpouring of thoughts. I feel better that it is now out of my system. Let me just make one thing straight, Papa and Mama though they may not agree with everything that my siblings and I do, their unwavering support IS and WILL always be there.
* * * * *
Now on to not so heavy stuff.....
Blow Inserts
They finally have a name! Every magazine-reading individual has encountered these postcard size things stuck between the pages of the magazine that one is reading. I just recently found out that they are called "blow inserts". They are called such because these cards are literally blown into the magazines as they are either getting printed or bounded. This is why some pages have 2 or 3 stuck between them. But whatever they are called, to me these are just nuisance stuff. I know that magazines have to earn somehow through subscriptions and this is an inexpensive way of doing so but it can be annoying when they distract you from reading whatever it is that you are reading. That is why I spend some time, right after purchasing magazines to skim through them and take out all these "blow inserts" before I actually do some reading. My cousins are well aware of it as well that when they borrow my magazines before I have read them, they already take those out.
* * * * *
Good news
I got my digital camera back yesterday from the Sony Repair Center. It was fixed and with no charge at that so I am one happy camper today. It came just in time for the Bamboo concert tonight. This is my first time watching them in a concert. So I am really excited.
My camera also arrived in time for my Lola's 84th birthday 2 weeks from now. It is a surprise party therefore my relatives and I are all lying to her. My uncles from Las Vegas and Chicago are even coming over for her big day. She thinks that no one cares enough to plan a party for her that is why she is planning one for herself and everyone else is playing along with her. She is going to be in for a big surprise. She really deserves it. She gave birth to 15 children. Yes, my mom belongs to a brood of 15. Mama is the 8th child. Lola is not only the mother to her 15 children but also to 14 in-laws, 43 grandchildren, 12 grandchildren-in-law, and 24 great-grandchildren. Yup, we are already a party on our own.
No comments:
Post a Comment