Wednesday, December 21, 2005

I AM DONE!

with my Christmas shopping!

Yay! I finished everything in one weekend. Good thing, I took advantage of the day off that my boss told to me to take. I took Friday off and it sure jumpstarted my weekend. Since I attend Simbang Gabi at 5:30 AM, I was already out of the house and ready to hit the stores by 9:00AM which is the time that most of the stores open. I always prefer and to go to malls or stores early in that way I beat the rush. Plus, stores are still in order and neat and sales associates aren't so cranky and stressed out.

Having a lot of people to buy presents for like myself isnt't easy. I have pretty much 30 names on my list and that is only my cousins, nephews & nieces. Friends and other relatives are not even in that list yet. When I make a list I separate the girls and the guys and I arrange them according to age. Kind of OC-ish but it makes it easier for me. What I usually do is buy the same thing for those in the same age group. Less decisions to make means less time mulling in a store on what would be a good gift to give to a specific person. It may sound a bit impersonal but I think kids are still "mababaw" in some sense that as long as they are opening something, they are happy. Besides, if they want something expensive that is their parents' responsibility not mine =) As long as I gave them a little something. Actually it is from my sister and myself.

I just realized that I have pretty much bought everyone something but I have not bought anything for myself that is not counting the dress I bought for Christmas. Had one of those dresses fit me, I don't think I would be buying a dress at all. Technically, I didn't even buy a dress, I bought 2 dressy tops. There were not a lot of styles to my liking so I may just have to do with one of the dressy tops paired with either a skirt or trousers already in my closet. Just spruce it up with some cool accessories.

Speaking if accessories, I had a "crazy" episode at Forever 21. I went there Friday with my sister and I saw this strand of pearl-like beads that I think would really look nice with the top I have decided to wear. The bad thing was, it was broken, according to the sales associate and it didn't have the barcodes, meaning it can't be scanned, meaning she has no clue what the price is. I let it go with a heavy heart. I actually didn't care that it was broken because I liked it the way it is - one long string. I was thinking of making it look like a lariat but if there was no price how can I buy it. The cashier didn't seem like she was in the mood to search for the price so I left the store. But the entire day, that piece of necklace was in my mind until Saturday. I could have gone back for it on Saturday but my sister and I had our respective "ME" days by having a facial and for me plus a hair appointment which pretty much ate up our entire day. Sunday, I just couldn't let it go, I went back into the store and tried looking for it but it wasn't there anymore. There is really nothing special about it but I just wanted it. I could have gone to a craft store, got a pack of beads and strung them myself. But I don't have the luxury of time to do it. I was hoping that they realize it really wasn't broken and they will put a price on it but nope. I guess they cleaned out the table and got rid of all the broken ones. There were another string of beads, a lot smaller. It was a lot smaller but it had the price. I got it with the intention of tearing it apart and making it into what I wanted it to be - like the one I saw that Friday. As I was paying, I noticed the bins of accessories behind the cashier and my eyes spotted the very same necklace I wanted. I actually asked her to dig into the bin (it was shallow) to look for it. I thought, maybe she could give me the bin and let me fish it out. Nope, she chose the harder way and rummaged through it as I kept referring to it as "that one". She finally was able to get it and once again told me, its broken, there is no clasp. I had to tell her that weird as it sounds, I actually want it broken and I was willing to pay even the full price just so they will give it to me. Yes, I was that desperate and crazy. I dont think its going to be that expensive anyway. She asked the manager about it and the manager said since I was buying 2, she can give them to me like a "buy one, get one" thing. I said fine. Since there was no price at all, they just followed the price of the necklace I was going to end up getting since I didn't have this. Since I got what I wanted, there was no need for me to get the other ones.

I was happy by now:

what they look like

  • I was able to get something for everyone in my list
  • I have something to wear for Christmas
  • I have the necklace I wanted.

The only thing left for me to do was wrap those presents which I was able to do Sunday night. YAY!!! Granted that I wasn't able to wrap everything, at least I did more than half. I think I only have like 19 presents to wrap so it is not so bad.

Now I have more time to relax, plan the games for Christmas eve and wait for the day.

No comments: