Monday, May 08, 2006

Life's simple pleasures

I was tagged by Kaytee to list down 10 of life's simple pleasures. I thought that it would be relatively easy list to make but I thought wrong. I don't know why.
Instructions: Name ten of life's simple pleasures that you like the most, then pick ten people to do the same. Try to be original and creative and not to use things that someone else has already used.

1. Getting letters - snail mail, email, long, short - I take anything. Back in college I would have the biggest smile on my face when after a stressful day in school I would get home and find letters from my friends. Some even just live within Manila and yet we still wrote to each other. I have kept every single one of them. Its also fun to read them again now. I had a few unexpected letters from my parents as well where I would already be bawling with just merely reading the "Dear Raissa" part.

2. Out of the blue text messages, well of course they have to be good ones. I think text messaging is one of the world's best inventions LOL. If the Sorelli sisters in the show "Related" have what they call a "phone chain", my family and I have a "text chain" or a "text brigade". When my sister's purse was snatched on her way to the airport heading for home, in a matter of minutes all of us already knew. Nicco sent a textmessage to Mama who was at home who sent a message to Papa who sent it to my sister and I. I knew right away too when 2 of my dearest friends passed the Philippine Bar Exams. My dad and I even have a disagreement through text messaging. But lately, his texts have been trickles. After seeing his latest bill, he decided to slow it down a bit. That goes the same for me. Aside from family, those unexpected "hw r u?" and "wats up?" from friends are enough to make me smile.

3. Red Boba Milk Tea from Guppy Tea House in Cerritos. Its hard to get a table on weekends since a lot of people hang out there but those Red Boba Milk Tea are worth the hassle. If getting a table is really hard, we can always order it to go and enjoy it in the confines of home.

4. Rain...good book/good movie/good drama with a happy ending...warm blanket and my blanket since I was a kid.

5. A day of nothingness but not staying home doing nothing. No definite plans. No definite place to go. Just a leisure walk through life.

6. Packages in the mail - cds, dvds, magazines etc. I think its the whole anticipation for those to arrive is what does it for me. Especially if its my dose of KoreanDramas and other AsianDramas. I wait and wait for it and when I get home and see a box or a bulky envelope, I smile and sigh and forget that it was even a "bad" day.

7. Dates with myself. I find comfort in the hustle and bustle that is lunch hour. I actually enjoy going into a restaurant, hoping to get a table by the window, write or people watch as I wait for my order. Sure I enjoy the company of others as well but lunch dates with myself is bliss. I get to reflect and meditate.

8. Finding that ever elusive "perfect" fitting jeans, "perfect" little black dress, "perfect white tees" etc. Finding the item that I have long wanted to get is still available. I am not an impulsive shopper but if I can't erase an item from my mind and when I go back its still there then its for me. Shoes as well - flats, sandals, wedge, heels, flipflops, embellished, unique designs.

9. Randomly calling friends and them picking up or returning the call when I leave a message. In this busy world that we all live in, it is so easy to lose touch with people. My friends and I are all busy with things and there are times we don't speak to each other for long periods of time and on a day that I feel like calling them to catch up, they pick up and we talk like as if it hasn't been a long time.

10. Conversations with my parents and siblings.

Would like to know your "10"...
- Camille
- Isy
- Kat
- Kai
- Clare
- Jennie
- Jan
- Fla
- Je
- Gail

No comments: