I don't know what it is about her that first caught my attention. But since the first time that I heard about Queen Rania of Jordan, I was in awe of her. I first came to know her I think when King Hussein died and Prince Abdullah, her husband was crowned and she became Queen of Jordan. I read about her and was in awe because not only is she pretty but she's educated and is pushing for women's rights in a country that the whole world may not think would be very accepting of women. I think in her own little way she is changing the whole structure that women are being perceived not only in her country but in the world as well. She also has this charisma that I think draws people in. I admire her a whole lot. She is not only a queen, she is a mother of 4 as well and she puts family above everything. I was so excited to learn that she would be a guest on today's Oprah show. I want to know more about her. I am just glad that I have a job that allows me to be able to watch the show while at work but I still set the timer on my recorder at home just in case. I love, love her name and if and when I do have a daughter I am going to name her Rania. There is just something in the way that name sounds when being said that I love. Maybe because its close to my name and its quite unique. I have gotten a lot of curious questions when people learn my name. My siblings and I have pretty unique names and its nice to tell people where our names came from and why our parents gave us these names. I would want my daughter to have the same experience.

No comments:
Post a Comment