Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Falling into place

I was thisclose to abandoning ship for my Lola's birthday come August. We were not going anywhere. Everyone was asking me for a theme and I couldn't think of one. I have opened it to my cousins but it seems none of us could come up with something. All we have is a description of what we want the party to speak of and that is to celebrate her life, her travails, her journeys, what she means to us after all not a lot of people are able to reach their 85th birthday with such fervor and strength. With everything that Lola has gone through with 15 children and all, its a reason to celebrate. It was really frustrating that not having a theme was slowing all of us down because pretty much everything depends on it. I have been having panicAttacks, sleepless nights and abdominal pains just thinking about it which wasn't helping me at all. I knew we had to come up with something pronto.

I woke up early on Sunday despite not sleeping well. I decided to write Ate Joelle an email to share some of my sorrows and also to ask for her help since she has been such a big help from the beginning. Plus, she planned her wedding to my cousin just the two of them and all of her son's parties so she has some experience. In the middle of my rant, an idea actually came to me - a theme. I ran it by Kuya Gerry and he liked it. I ran it by my sister and other cousins and they liked it as well. So now we have a theme and it all started with an idea for the giveaways. We were going nowhere before that because we were all pretty much walking through it blindly. As if having a theme wasn't a blessing already, when I got back from church and checked out the ads that come with the Sunday paper, I found out that M*ichaels, the local arts and craft store have our idea for the giveaways on sale which saves us a trip and time searching for it and at a good price at that. So double YAY for us that day. Before we know it, things are falling into place. We not only have a theme but we have ideas for the centerpieces and the giveaways and I could not be more glad. Along with all of these all my ailments have disappeared. At least I just have to deal with stress as the day draws near and not much anymore with panic. Phew! I hope.

If I sound a bit cryptic with what it really is, pardon me. I will talk about it in length when things are confirmed. At this point, all we have are ideas and they are all flying from everywhere.

If only the budget is that easy to collect and get. Well, that's another story.

No comments: