But that wasn't the highlight of my almost 7 hour stay at the store but this...
I have always wanted to try it after hearing so many good words about it. But since I don't usually venture into that part of town, I haven't had a chance to until yesterday. The store is just half a block away from the pizza place. So I went there before they closed at 7, fell in line. I was told lines are a usual sight in front of the store. But today I guess it wasn't so bad since though I was in line at least inside the store and not in the sidewalk. The actress who played Claudia, L.acey C.habert in the tv show P.arty of F.ive was also in line in front of me. She is pretty but I didn't recognize her right away. She was practically a kid when she was in that show. She was nice. She smiled at me. No air at all. After some time I finally got hold of this...
with my 4 cupcakes: vanilla, red velvet, black and white and lemon coconut. It was pretty pricey for a cupcake but for a full experience at least just not get one cupcake. I went back to the store happy as I passed by M.onique L.huillier's shop along the way. It was also in the same block but it was closed. Save that for another day.
I didn't eat all 4 cupcakes by myself. I gave two to my nieces and brought the rest with me to work. I ate the vanilla one and I like it. But I would have liked it more had the frosting wasn't too thick but the sprinkles on top was a nice touch. I am saving the red velvet one for later. I think the cupcakes are good enough size to have one's fill of sugar for the day. It was just enough to fill my craving for now at least. I will save tasting of the other flavors for next time.
Another highlight was the last minute meet-up with C.hrissie. Its been awhile since we had a get together so this impromptu one was such a treat. Maybe next time she and I can explore the other restaurants in the area because there's a lot.


No comments:
Post a Comment