Monday, August 07, 2006

Rollercoaster


I am an adrenaline junkie. I love rollercoasters. The bigger, the better. The faster it is, the more I love it. However, when it comes to emotions I hate it. These past few days have been a rollercoaster of sorts for me. A whole myriad of emotions has filled me. From upset to disappointed to frustrated to happy to excited. Just about every possible emotion in the spectrum I think I have been through.

I was upset a few days ago with that relative who is pushing it that she was asked by my Lola to be the host. Knowing Lola it could be true or it could not be. I have to double check that. But most definitely, I will make sure that this relative will never go near any microphone on my Lola's birthday especially after finding out that she may have volunteered herself to say something during the party of her brother-in-law's father in-law. Magulo ba? A person she barely even know. Well ganun siya ka-atribida! I have heard her talk and not that shes a bad speaker but she has the tendency to say comments that she's not supposed to and I find it inappropriate. I leave the room when she starts talking because I know I wont like whatever she is going to say. Good if she wants to help but her interference no one really appreciates and taking potshots at people in a public place and what is supposed to be a happy event is not only rude but tacky and in poor taste.

I was disheartened with some of my family members because instead of helping are bringing everyone's morale down. I don't think they believe that the 3rd generation will be able to pull something as being at the helm of the planning for Lola's birthday. Like the favors for instance, we still have 2 weeks to finish them. This is the only thing left for us to do that is large in scale. They haven't even seen the finished product, me comment na na di kanais-nais! Rather than saying negative things, they should at least offer suggestions. Reklamo na nga walang pang suggestions! Labo! But I have came up with something as a counter-attack. I am psyching my cousins, challenging them that this is what the 2nd generation feels and they don't like it one bit which is making them step up. I think some family members think like this because it looks like we are not doing much but just because they don't see it, it doesn't mean its not happening. So we are going to show them and make them eat their words.

I am so happy and proud of my cousins for stepping up when I ask them to. Just this morning I didn't have anyone to host, now I have three and willing ones at that. Not coerced by their parents nor bribed by me. I am happy that my parents taught me to take the high road when faced with such things. I am happy that I got a call this morning from the Philippines at that. Thanks Kuya Miles and Ate Joelle for the suggestions, ideas and encouragement. I am happy that things are falling into place and its us cousins who are doing it and that we can do anything as long as we put our minds together. I love my parents! I love my siblings and I love my cousins.

I am excited for the party. I know and I believe we can pull this off. There's still 12 days before the party and I am sure I will be on many more rollercoaster rides prior to it and who knows after. Its fine as long as I am not riding it alone. I think I am in pretty good company.

No comments: