I mentioned in a post of mine last year that I visualize a lot. I don't think I dream but I know visualize. But lately, I am positive that I am not visualizing but dreaming. My visualizations are initiated by me. Usually before I go to sleep, I concoct this story in my mind which helps me fall asleep but lately I am in no need for those. I have been too tired that I instantly fall asleep as soon as my back hits my bed. But, for the past few days, I have been waking up totally bewildered.
It is a fact that people dream a lot in the course of their entire sleep. We remember those dreams wherein we wake up in the middle of it. That is what has been happening to me. When I wake up, I usually ask myself "what the heck was that?". Frankly, it is a big surprise to me. This has not happened to me before. Some are a little bit odd: Grecian outfits, sun that looks like a big orange ball that wont set, being chased by men with knives, etc. Some are normal: familiar places, on a vacation, attending a wedding, etc. In some instances, the details are blurry, in black & white but there are times like this morning where its is so vivid and in color. But though they have been of different scenarios, the cast of characters, if one can call it that, are pretty much the same, with one person recurring more than the others.
I don't understand why it is making me think about it this much. I guess because it has been happening almost daily which is making me not really uncomfortable but just puzzled. Dreams are sometimes manifestations of current events, wishes and desires. They are also sometimes our subconscious or unconscious way of telling us something. If that is the case, I wonder what my subconscious or unconscious is telling me.
It is a fact that people dream a lot in the course of their entire sleep. We remember those dreams wherein we wake up in the middle of it. That is what has been happening to me. When I wake up, I usually ask myself "what the heck was that?". Frankly, it is a big surprise to me. This has not happened to me before. Some are a little bit odd: Grecian outfits, sun that looks like a big orange ball that wont set, being chased by men with knives, etc. Some are normal: familiar places, on a vacation, attending a wedding, etc. In some instances, the details are blurry, in black & white but there are times like this morning where its is so vivid and in color. But though they have been of different scenarios, the cast of characters, if one can call it that, are pretty much the same, with one person recurring more than the others.
I don't understand why it is making me think about it this much. I guess because it has been happening almost daily which is making me not really uncomfortable but just puzzled. Dreams are sometimes manifestations of current events, wishes and desires. They are also sometimes our subconscious or unconscious way of telling us something. If that is the case, I wonder what my subconscious or unconscious is telling me.

No comments:
Post a Comment